Audeze LCD-X
Jul 4, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #8,101 of 12,748
The old LCD-X model had a problem for some people because the fazor could touch the ear and it caused quite an unpleasant or even painful experience (even after a short time of wearing the headphone). Has the new version of LCD-X fixed this problem?

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #8,102 of 12,748
  The old LCD-X model had a problem for some people because the fazor could touch the ear and it caused quite an unpleasant or even painful experience (even after a short time of wearing the headphone). Has the new version of LCD-X fixed this problem?

It's not something that really comes up (?)
Never really seen it much on the 2/3 threads either....
Maybe they had exceptionally wide heads and big ears.

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #8,103 of 12,748
Got my LCD-X last week and sold my LCD-2.2 and HiFiMAN HE-560 without even ABing them. Was considering selling my OPPO PM-2 but I just bought the thing!

I'd be happy just owning this headphone. My amp isn't an ideal pairing (no gain switch) but I've lost the drive to buy another headphone. I'd be curious to compare it with an LCD-3 since I have an amp, but that's more curiosity than necessity. Everything I've read suggests I'd like the LCD-X more anyway.

If anything, I'd buy an LCD-XC to match.

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #8,104 of 12,748

I have the original model LCD-X. Never had the issue.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #8,105 of 12,748

Never heard of this issue but have heard about it with the hifiman he-X

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #8,106 of 12,748
Have you tried it with the extended poles? And is it exclusive to the LCD-X?

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #8,107 of 12,748

I have the original model LCD-X. Never had the issue.

Never heard of this issue but have heard about it with the hifiman he-X

Have you tried it with the extended poles? And is it exclusive to the LCD-X?

Thanks for your responses.

I personally had this problem (fazor touching my ear) when I auditioned LCD-X in a store a year ago. I haven't tried the extended poles as my head is not big and I didn't have this problem with LCD-2.2 which I own and with LCD-3 which I auditioned. Maybe there was something wrong with the pads on this particular headphone. Perhaps they were too used up or something.

I am very glad to hear the problem is non-existent or very rare because I am still considering buying LCD-X and this thing discouraged me earlier to buy them. I will give LCD-X another try then. I love their sound!

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #8,108 of 12,748

I personally had this problem (fazor touching my ear) when I auditioned LCD-X in a store a year ago. I haven't tried the extended poles as my head is not big and I didn't have this problem with LCD-2.2 which I own and with LCD-3 which I auditioned. Maybe there was something wrong with the pads on this particular headphone. Perhaps they were too used up or something.

I am very glad to hear the problem is non-existent or very rare because I am still considering buying LCD-X and this thing discouraged me earlier to buy them. I will give LCD-X another try then. I love their sound!

Yeah, I think anything with a fazor will cause this.

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #8,109 of 12,748

You wont regrer regarding the sound of the LCDX..hehe..such a wonderful headphones to build

Regards,
Jonathan

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #8,110 of 12,748

Audeze send a free kit that fixes the ear touching fazor problem. It is a packer that fits on the inside ear pads like a wedge between the pads and the driver. Users say it works.

Just contact them if you have a issue.

Jul 5, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #8,111 of 12,748
Which has better treble? The LCD-X or the LCD-2/3?

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #8,115 of 12,748
To me it means more treble and a perfect balance between bass, mids and highs.

The LCD-X treble extends higher than the LCD-3. Not by much. Not HD800 levels. To me tho the big difference is it is sweeter.
About the same on the mids and bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back