Audeze LCD-X
Feb 26, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #3,316 of 12,748
When I first got my LCD2.1 nearly 4 years ago, the leather pads were firm, but thinner than all of their pads are now.  Later, I got the LCD2.2, and the black leather pads were firmer, and much thicker.  I actually think the sound was overall a bit more distant to the firm pads keeping the drivers further away from the ears.

Now, with my LCD-X, the black leather pads are the same thickness, but softer again--these are close to perfect.  These don't seem nearly as heavy as the others I owned, even though they are the same weight.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #3,317 of 12,748
  When I first got my LCD2.1 nearly 4 years ago, the leather pads were firm, but thinner than all of their pads are now.  Later, I got the LCD2.2, and the black leather pads were firmer, and much thicker.  I actually think the sound was overall a bit more distant to the firm pads keeping the drivers further away from the ears.

Now, with my LCD-X, the black leather pads are the same thickness, but softer again--these are close to perfect.  These don't seem nearly as heavy as the others I owned, even though they are the same weight.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #3,320 of 12,748
Ordered a 4' 3.5mm terminated black silk for my XC at work.  Got the 3.5mm figuring there was at least a slim chance of using the XC on the road.  Black silk is out of stock so still waiting for it... the hardest part.

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #3,326 of 12,748
Does the cable drive anyone else Bananas on the X? I guess with all the Audeze models. Mine keeps tangling itself or twisting itself into knots. Weird thing is only use it at the same spot and it still does it. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #3,328 of 12,748
  Does the cable drive anyone else Bananas on the X? I guess with all the Audeze models. Mine keeps tangling itself or twisting itself into knots. Weird thing is only use it at the same spot and it still does it. 

I use a custom 20' cable that BlueJeansCables made for me, but yeah, I notice the same thing....and I have no idea how it ends up like that

Thankfully the headphones sound just as good whether the cable is tangled or not :D

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #3,329 of 12,748

I use a custom 20' cable that BlueJeansCables made for me, but yeah, I notice the same thing....and I have no idea how it ends up like that

Thankfully the headphones sound just as good whether the cable is tangled or not :D

BlueJeans made you a headphone cable with LCD connectors?  WOW  didn'y know they did that..

Feb 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #3,330 of 12,748

BlueJeans made you a headphone cable with LCD connectors?  WOW  didn'y know they did that..

Yep, they just asked me to send them the Audeze schematic, which Audeze was kind enough to direct me to, and voila! 

I buy most of my cables from BJC...they just always do a solid job and I love the durability of their stuff. I love having the 20' length. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back