Audeze LCD-X
Apr 9, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #6,391 of 12,748
  I would conditioned mine just for the more airy sound:wink:

I always listen to mine with the air conditioner on & it definitely has a much airy. No sweaty issues now either :)

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #6,392 of 12,748
The bass seems a tiny bit less punchy and focused on the vegans vs. the leather, but that could just be my brain expecting to hear a difference. Even if it does exist, it's barely noticeable at all.

And yes, I recognize that might be the crappiest answer ever.

Thanks. Appreciate the honesty and biases:smile:

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #6,394 of 12,748
It was this one: 

http://www.amazon.com/UV3-Masterguard-Furniture-Care-Kit/dp/B00B71JDO0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408817351&sr=8-3&keywords=uv3+leather+cleaner+and+conditioner

For Canadians: http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=LEATHER&navAction=jump&navCount=4

I really liked what it did to the pads. In addition to previous benefits, I'd also say that clamping felt better as well. More memory feel to it. No harm either. I used it on LCD-2 and LCD-3 throughout the year, every 2-3 months. No problems whatsoever. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #6,395 of 12,748
  It was this one: 

http://www.amazon.com/UV3-Masterguard-Furniture-Care-Kit/dp/B00B71JDO0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408817351&sr=8-3&keywords=uv3+leather+cleaner+and+conditioner

For Canadians: http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=LEATHER&navAction=jump&navCount=4

I really liked what it did to the pads. In addition to previous benefits, I'd also say that clamping felt better as well. More memory feel to it. No harm either. I used it on LCD-2 and LCD-3 throughout the year, every 2-3 months. No problems whatsoever. 

These are not expensive enough:wink: I would look for an audiophile-grade conditioner for a more pronounced effect:)

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #6,397 of 12,748
  Excuse me for being clueless, but how might one find Lohb to order the product?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754938/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-fostex-t50-rp-modders

Contact him through this thread for the price shipped to your location.

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #6,399 of 12,748
until now, i cant use my lcd x for long listening... it's weight too much for my neck for long listening :frowning2:

but it sounds pretty good and quite balanced for me to testing amplifiers or players :)

i am still looking for a "good" desktop amp for lcd x... i tried many desktop amp and still looking for the better one :)
until now, i think woo audio wa6se is pretty good for lcd x (with custom tube, the tube kit is not that good)

:)

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #6,400 of 12,748
until now, i cant use my lcd x for long listening... it's weight too much for my neck for long listening :frowning2:

but it sounds pretty good and quite balanced for me to testing amplifiers or players :)

i am still looking for a "good" desktop amp for lcd x... i tried many desktop amp and still looking for the better one :)
until now, i think woo audio wa6se is pretty good for lcd x (with custom tube, the tube kit is not that good)

I never heard 6SE with the X as I owned them in different period, but I assume they will sound great.
What are the upgraded tubes that being used?
And what is the source?
No hum?

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #6,401 of 12,748
i like:
russian syl for the big one, and also russian syl for the small one...

also tried several tubes
big tube: sophia, gz34 metal base mullard
for the small tube: 6fd7 westinghouse, 6de7 westinghouse, 6dr7 sylvania, 6we7 rca, 6em7 westinghouse

source: laptop and aurender flow

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #6,402 of 12,748

Just tried a Japanese tube amp. LEBEN C600 with LCD-X. The outcome was so naturally natural. Very transparant and lively. In a way it sounded like a solid state amp but still having the soft "edges" to the tone. A very different character to WA6SE. For me the 6SE produced a more "lush" tone.

Can't say much which is better..They sounded very different.

Btw.Anyone ever tried the Leben C300Xs with LCD-X before.. Plzz share your moments..

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #6,403 of 12,748
Just wondering...does anyone know if the thieves who broke into the Audez'e warehouse have been caught?

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #6,404 of 12,748
Anyone tried Erzetich Perfidus (with LCD-X)?? It's a Slovenian solid state amplifier.

If not Phasemation EPA-007, which is also a solid state amp.

Been curious for the Triode TRX-PM84 Integrated Tube Headphone Amp. It's desktop DAC/Amp apparently.

Thanks..

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #6,405 of 12,748
Just tried a Japanese tube amp. LEBEN C600 with LCD-X. The outcome was so naturally natural. Very transparant and lively. In a way it sounded like a solid state amp but still having the soft "edges" to the tone. A very different character to WA6SE. For me the 6SE produced a more "lush" tone.

Can't say much which is better..They sounded very different.

Btw.Anyone ever tried the Leben C300Xs with LCD-X before.. Plzz share your moments..

Actually, i tried lcd x with wa5le and custom tube (woo audio original tube is not good for me)
It can drive lcd x VERY GOOD

Now, i just look for cheaper one :) because i need more budget to buy another amp for stax, thats why i cant go too much to buy expensive amp for lcd x :)

I tried several amp with lcd x, but i think the good one is wa5le and wa6se. Of course with custom tube which cost a lot ...

My friend used leben with abyss... Yes it sounds very good :) it cost a lot also

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back