Audeze LCD-X - What PM (Preventive Maintenance) scheme are you following?
Apr 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Loevhagen

1000+ Head-Fier
Since the Audeze headphones entail both wood and leather, I would anticipate a certain preventive maintenance scheme would be prudent to follow. I "take them apart" every 2-3 months to get them soaked in oil and apply leather care. Keeps them fresh, and I would think the oil PM decreases the probability for wood cracks.

So, others taking care of their Audeze headphones in a similar / different manner?

LCD-2r2 ready for PM

LCD-2r1 all oiled up and ready for enjoyment as new.

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 8
Looks great!
eek.gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 8
I use Ekornes Stressless Leather Care for the pads. :) ... also the "skin side". On time I couldn´t find the Ekorness-stuff, so I used the original wood oil/wax that came with the headphones to treat the pads, save the "skin side"

Quote:
Do you oil the "skin"-side of the pads also? I am afraid to fill up the pores and reduces the breathability of the pads

Apr 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #8 of 8
I no longer have lcd-2's but I would recommend Howard's Feed-N-Wax from Home Depot (same as the wax that ships w/ them) to keep the wood's color deep and oiled and Lexol Leather conditioner to keep the pads soft.  After applying each with a separate cloth or towel they will be super shiny, let sit for a few minutes and buff dry.  You can let sit overnight too and should be back to non-glossy finish.  I found you could repeat as often as you want with no ill effects, the pads get really nice and soft after 2-3 rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back