Audeze LCD-4
Jan 13, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #2,191 of 11,994
 This sucks, least I still got the HE1000 & Ether C working great though.

Good luck in finally getting it sorted out.  Just dont be jinxing yourself
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2,192 of 11,994
  I could live with one failure, but sending me back a pair of headphones and apparently nothing was done with them?!? How does that even happen. I'm looking at my service request now too and they broke on the 15th of December, so I've been without them for nearly a month now and who knows how long this next ordeal will take them.

Maybe they fixed it and the repaired unit broke during shipment? Go read the LCD-3 Failure thread :-/  

As for the people with the X and XC, both of those the and the LCD-2/2.1/2.2 have not had the same driver troubles as the LCD-3 and now LCD-4. The one upside of the the other thread was that it was sort of found that the LCD-3 or 3F can break at any time. Used or unused. Right after purchase or right after repair. But the LCD-X and XC seemed to be a safe bet for reliability. 

Good luck, darko.

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #2,193 of 11,994
anyone interested in Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 for Audeze with RSA/ALO Connector 5 FTm

http://www.head-fi.org/t/794634/moon-audio-black-dragon-v2-for-audeze-with-rsa-alo-connector-5-ft

i am selling it because i sold my audeze lcd2 and bought oppo pm1

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #2,194 of 11,994
  Maybe they fixed it and the repaired unit broke during shipment? Go read the LCD-3 Failure thread :-/  

As for the people with the X and XC, both of those the and the LCD-2/2.1/2.2 have not had the same driver troubles as the LCD-3 and now LCD-4. The one upside of the the other thread was that it was sort of found that the LCD-3 or 3F can break at any time. Used or unused. Right after purchase or right after repair. But the LCD-X and XC seemed to be a safe bet for reliability. 

Good luck, darko.

I have similar experience.  Own two pair of the X and owned the XC for 1.5 years w/o any issues.  
Thanks all for posting the issues.  They certainly factor into (at least my) decision whether to upgrade to the LCD-4.  Good luck getting your issues resolved.

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #2,196 of 11,994
I contacted Audeze about the suspension band touching the headband and how uncomfortable the hot spot is.  They are apparently revising the headband and sending along a new headband in about a week.  For those that are having this issue, it's probably worth a call into Audeze.  They said that they're behind on responding to support requests because of CES before and now a bunch of them are out sick.  Good luck - looking forward to these being more comfortable when I have a suspension strap that actually suspends.. 

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #2,198 of 11,994
  I contacted Audeze about the suspension band touching the headband and how uncomfortable the hot spot is.  They are apparently revising the headband and sending along a new headband in about a week.  For those that are having this issue, it's probably worth a call into Audeze.  They said that they're behind on responding to support requests because of CES before and now a bunch of them are out sick.  Good luck - looking forward to these being more comfortable when I have a suspension strap that actually suspends.. 

yep, never go with v1 of anything, especially small scale audio-fi stuff... is usually some problems they work out within the first year and release as a silent update.  guess i just got lucky with the X/XC but i am glad i really like their sound as i have no plans to upgrade other then the headband once it is out and proven for a year.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #2,199 of 11,994
I find the the LCD4 very comfortable. Grado GH1s they are not. But still, for a substantial headphone, they are fine. (And I can't get enough of their sound.  A super phone that gets even better--no longer peaky-- w/some break-in. Sweet and natural highs and mids and vocals, incredibly organic well-integrated powerful bass. A dramatic presentation, but good believable drama, not overdone, not overwhelming at any frequency.)

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #2,200 of 11,994
I find the the LCD4 very comfortable. Grado GH1s they are not. But still, for a substantial headphone, they are fine. (And I can't get enough of their sound.  A super phone that gets even better--no longer peaky-- w/some break-in. Sweet and natural highs and mids and vocals, incredibly organic well-integrated powerful bass. A dramatic presentation, but good believable drama, not overdone, not overwhelming at any frequency.)

What have you been doing for break-in? Are you just listening? Pink noise?

I've noticed the highest frequencies smooth out a bit..

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #2,201 of 11,994
'Just listening a lot for break-in. I also notice that vocals are smooth and filled in. Sometime with otherwise good headphones if you listen closely you hear a slight buzziness in vocals, especially close-miked ones. The LCD4 is super smooth, analog-y, natural, continuous in even the most sustained vocals. The Stax 009 has this kind of liquidity, but it's always non-fatiguing and nicely warmer in the LCD4. Another similar vocal presentation is the Grado PS1000e, but the LCD4 images are bigger and more 3-dimensional. I type this as I'm listening, FWIW. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #2,202 of 11,994
If you truly love them give them one more chance - I'm sure they will bend over backwards trying to help you. Any more failures and I would part ways with the product and the company all together, until they have built up a history of the LCD range being more reliable.

Don't count on it. Even with the holiday I would expect some type of correspondence back after the RMA was received (12/21). I sent a simple email asking if there was any update 6 days ago with no response.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #2,203 of 11,994
Same re audeze support, think they're all on leave....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back