Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #1,411 of 6,385
  How does someone impose anything on a forum?  No one here can force anyone to do anything or remove any of their rights.  In the end its just an opinion and some advice.  Up to the individual what they do with it.

in a way it's like holding a gun up to their head and say you can do whatever you want but if you don't do what i like i shoot you :D

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #1,412 of 6,385
Sep 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,413 of 6,385
The last thing I wanted is for someone to get offended. :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,414 of 6,385

in a way it's like holding a gun up to their head and say you can do whatever you want but if you don't do what i like i shoot you :D

Except it's not.  It's "do what you want, but if I don't agree with it I reserve the right to criticize". 

People need to learn to take criticism.  At what point should someone who thinks their peer's behavior is abnormal be allowed to say or do something?  I mean this is just an Internet thread and you're talking about holding a gun to someone's head.  Give me a break.

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #1,415 of 6,385
  Except it's not.  It's "do what you want, but if I don't agree with it I reserve the right to criticize". 

People need to learn to take criticism.  At what point should someone who thinks their peer's behavior is abnormal be allowed to say or do something?  I mean this is just an Internet thread and you're talking about holding a gun to someone's head.  Give me a break.

I think people also need to lighten up. I don't think much that has been said in the past 2-3 pages (off-topic of course) has been hostile in any way, just opinions and/or jest. 

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,416 of 6,385

I think people also need to lightening up. I don't think much that has been said in the past 2-3 pages (off-topic of course) has been hostile in any way, just opinions and/or jest. 

Agreed.  I was fine with it all until users started complaining that people were judging each other.

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,418 of 6,385

not sure if you noticed but, these forums are based on biased opinions lol

I did notice, but does that mean people with them are entitled to state them without being criticized?  Is this a circlejerks only thread?

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #1,419 of 6,385
not sure if you noticed but, these forums are based on biased opinions lol

I hope you're not questioning the impartiality of this forum's members? Since I signed up to Head-Fi, I've not come across a single post suggestive of owner bias, or read anything that might imply brand or product favouritism - not even in the Grado threads :wink:

Seriously though, who gives a screw whether one member likes to collect headphones and another doesn't? We're discussing HEADPHONES, not teenage suicide.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #1,420 of 6,385

Who said there wasn't anything wrong with having multiple cars :p  

When I was young and racing on weekends I still made sure that the car could do everything else as well.  Just like in audio I'd rather have one great $60K car than three $20K cars... just saying.  It's especially dumb when people are bankrupting themselves to over reach on their hobby.  Now if you are making money hand over fist and no debt whether it be a mortgage, car or student loan... go nuts.  I still have a little under a decade left on my mortgage and would rather clear it to minimize interest, interest being money you never see again that you could have spent on that car or audio instead of handing it to the bank, than have several cars or stereo rigs.

Using DG as an example.  She has $7000 in headphones and another $2400 in amps.  Could have a 009/BHSE rig and $500 in hand instead... just saying.

i've never heard the 009/BHSE, but wasn't too blown away by the SR-009 and LL, sure the SR-009 is much much better than any of my headphones, but it wouldn't necessarily always provide musical enjoyment. i'd be missing the colorations that some of my headphones provide, like the deep bass and smoothness of the LCD-3 and the fun sound of the TH-900, so its not a just 1 headphone solution. unless of course i did something like MH did and ended up with dynamic + stats, but still, i don't think i would do that.

btw, i never realized that all my headphones cost that much together, would be almost 9k if i kept the PS1000 
blink.gif

i'm done with headphones though, might re-buy Grado RS1i (or not, since i feel the LCD-3 and T1 provide the same qualities they have, but different and better overall) and already committed to buying a used HE-6 on the FS/FT for when i get the GSX-2.

So DG: when will you receive your gsx so we can get some impressions of it driving the lcd3 and hd800/t1?

yes!! 

also im buying an HE-6 as well.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #1,421 of 6,385

i've never heard the 009/BHSE, but wasn't too blown away by the SR-009 and LL, sure the SR-009 is much much better than any of my headphones, but it wouldn't necessarily always provide musical enjoyment. i'd be missing the colorations that some of my headphones provide, like the deep bass and smoothness of the LCD-3 and the fun sound of the TH-900, so its not a just 1 headphone solution. unless of course i did something like MH did and ended up with dynamic + stats, but still, i don't think i would do that.

btw, i never realized that all my headphones cost that much together, would be almost 9k if i kept the PS1000 
blink.gif

i'm done with headphones though, might re-buy Grado RS1i (or not, since i feel the LCD-3 and T1 provide the same qualities they have, but different and better overall) and already committed to buying a used HE-6 on the FS/FT for when i get the GSX-2.

yes!! 

:D I'd also like to know how the he-6s go with it. I heard it at the local L.A meet when justin brought his gs-x mk2 but it wasn't on my own music so not much I can say.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #1,422 of 6,385

btw, i never realized that all my headphones cost that much together, would be almost 9k if i kept the PS1000 :blink:

yes!! 

I happen to own the LL and I'm afraid to say that you haven't heard the SR009s at their best. I'm finding that they scale quite a bit more and with my KGSSHV and they are truly an outstanding combination.

But as fantastic as they are, I'm still keeping my LCD-3/GS-X MKII setup. :)

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,424 of 6,385
I happen to own the LL and I'm afraid to say that you haven't heard the SR009s at their best. I'm finding that they scale quite a bit more and with my KGSSHV and they are truly an outstanding combination.

But as fantastic as they are, I'm still keeping my LCD-3/GS-X MKII setup.
smily_headphones1.gif

would really like to hear the BHSE too. i know the SR-009s sounded amazing, but i guess the sound was also kinda bland, i'm guessing then that this would come from the LL and not the stax. just seemed kinda boring to me in a way.

can't wait to get my GSX MK2. i just bought some XLR interconnects for them. (would be nice to also have them in case i get WA22 as tube endgame)

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #1,425 of 6,385
can't wait to get my GSX MK2. i just bought some XLR interconnects for them. (would be nice to also have them in case i get WA22 as tube endgame)

What'd ya get as the interconnects and where from? I gotta get some for when my GSX mk2 arrives too :p Also, do you think stratus would be more end game than WA22?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back