Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jun 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #961 of 6,388
commtrd, congs for the pics.

To the head-fiers who hesitate to try the LCD-3's: they are as good as commtrd's pictures of them.  Now, if you are more into sound than into graphics, just imagine how pleasurable they can be !

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #962 of 6,388
OMG!!!! just made the leap of faith to lcd3 from hd650+custom cables
OMG!! i am literally breathless, gasping for air every song i hear is in so much detail!

coming from hd650, the lcd 3's mids highs lows bass soundstage are all mind blowing, i can die happy now  :)

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #966 of 6,388
Quote:

Thanks commtrd for posting these great pictures!

Well.....I went ahead yesterday and ordered my LCD-3's from Justin @ Headamp. I have really really really been enjoying my LCD-2.2's that I got from him a few months back. My current LCD-2 setup is very near perfection for my preferences, with just a little room for improvement which seems to correspond with the differences I read about from the 2's to 3's. So taking the leap of faith that these will bring my setup even closer to perfection. Also the leap of faith that the wood will be beautiful! It's like waiting for a child to be born - I'm sure to love it no matter what it looks like, but I'm hoping it looks good!

I've also got a SPC Norse Skuld 8 that I've been waiting on a couple months now...Norse has had some problems/delays as of late so hopefully that will come soon to finish tying the kit together. 

The setup is Jriver ASIO > Audio-GD SA-1.32 DAC > DH Labs Revelation silver RCA > Audio-GD SA-31 Amp > LCD-3. I also have a DACmini CX that works well in the DAC portion of the chain. Probably one of the DAC's will have to go to help offset the LCD-3 upgrade....
size]
...but hopefully the end result is....
size]

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #967 of 6,388
The LCD3s will not disappoint! Seriously just a really beautiful listening experience. Like hearing all my music all over again for the first time. Looks like you have some good upstream working there so should be good to go when they arrive for sure. Wish my darn Silver Widow would hurry up and get here...

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #971 of 6,388
Quote:
The LCD3s will not disappoint! Seriously just a really beautiful listening experience. Like hearing all my music all over again for the first time. Looks like you have some good upstream working there so should be good to go when they arrive for sure. Wish my darn Silver Widow would hurry up and get here...

Quote:
There is a great comfort that comes' in knowing you own one of the worlds best headphones.. And there is no mistake in buying these as they totally satisfy. You will love them.

This stuff is indeed good to hear! I'm pretty sure I made the right choice, and I can hardly wait for mine to arrive! It will be sad to say goodbye to the 2's - I love them, but if these are even more of a refinement I know I can't go wrong (regardless of price) 

Jun 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #972 of 6,388
Nice photos Commtrd. Did you do something to make your wood that glossy or they came that way? My LCD-3s have a varnish on the wood but it is a thinner matt varnish.

Nope all I did when I got the phones was take them out of travel case and plug into balanced cable for Mjolnir. I have done nothing to the wood at all. The finish on these cans is exemplary. They feel and look as a finely tuned instrument which is precisely what they are.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #973 of 6,388
I am listening to the famous song "What a Feeling" (Flashdance - Irene Cara), and I think so as well ...

What a feeling, what a sound !

Edit:

Followed by "Together in Electric Dreams" (G. Moroder and P. Oakey),

Yup, together with the LCD-3 ....

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #974 of 6,388
You can be 100% sure you made the right choice. The LCD-3s are amazing. I had the LCD-2 along with HD800s and T1s. gave up the lcd-2 wanting more of the refinement i got from the other 2 pair. sold the T1s to afford them and got the LCD-3. The best decision in buying gear I've ever made (and i've had a lotta stuff over the decades).

what amp will you be driving them with? (you've probably posted this in this thread but...i did look at your profile before inquiring) 

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #975 of 6,388
You can be 100% sure you made the right choice. The LCD-3s are amazing. I had the LCD-2 along with HD800s and T1s. gave up the lcd-2 wanting more of the refinement i got from the other 2 pair. sold the T1s to afford them and got the LCD-3. The best decision in buying gear I've ever made (and i've had a lotta stuff over the decades).

what amp will you be driving them with? (you've probably posted this in this thread but...i did look at your profile before inquiring)

Thanks! Another positive response! I posted my chain a few posts up:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/588429/audeze-lcd-3-appreciation-thread/960#post_9537007

Users who are viewing this thread

Back