Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
May 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #813 of 6,388
I had the Stratus for a while and then returned it. $2600 was out of budget for me. Sounded great, stock tubes matched better with the HD800s however. I'm sure better NOS tubes would've worked nicely with the LCD3. I've still yet to post anything on the Stratus thread, which I'll get to this week. PM me if you want details.
Quote:
GG did you get the Stratus?

May 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #815 of 6,388
Quote:
Quote:
Fixed
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cute. Incorrect, but cute.

I take it that you don't believe in all that mumbo-jumbo about a psycho-acoustic adjustment period
wink.gif

May 28, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #816 of 6,388
Quote:
Quote:
Frank I will have a WA5 probably about the time your Taboo arrives. He will have them side by side. Granted, the WA5 is more expensive...I would drop him a PM and start a conversation with him about the two amps...

(Nice looking cat.) 

Thank you....She is never far from my HP rig.

May 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #817 of 6,388
^ My cats are never far from my Q cable :D

May 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #819 of 6,388
I take it that you don't believe in all that mumbo-jumbo about a psycho-acoustic adjustment period :wink:
if you're really interested.... I've had my ears for many years and I think I've got a pretty good handle on how they work. They have been pressed into service to this obsessed audiophile for the last 33 years, critically listening to and enjoying mostly superb analog recordings on excellent gear. I'm all over the AB test. My wife can tell when I'm breaking in or even warming up equipment, and she stays away from the sound room until days later the same system again and she says" that's better, what did you change?"

My cat also can tell when gear is cold or new, and shows his critique with the direction of his ears... Folded down is bad, turned backwards is barely acceptable, and high and wide and open is "I approve, carry on." if you're still reading, I'm open to hearing your opinions on psycho acoustics.

Cheers!

May 29, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #820 of 6,388
My opinion is that it takes time for the brain to fully adjust from one sound signature to another. It's a pretty common experience, no matter how excellent one's ears, recordings, and gears are.

May 29, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #821 of 6,388
My opinion is that it takes time for the brain to fully adjust from one sound signature to another. It's a pretty common experience, no matter how excellent one's ears, recordings, and gears are.
I respect your opinion, and I'm sure there are instances when it proves true... So, can I assume you don't believe in that mumbo-jumbo break-in of gear nonsense?:wink:

May 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #822 of 6,388
I, for one, believe in both psychological and gear-related burn-in :)

May 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #823 of 6,388
Quote:
I, for one, believe in both psychological and gear-related burn-in :)

Why would anyone spend $600-700 dollars for a usb cable?? .....   I'm auditioning the Wire World Platinum, Audioquest Diamond, and the Synergistic Research Active SE. Look's like I will be buying the SE. Insanity is psychological.

May 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #824 of 6,388
May 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #825 of 6,388
Quote:

+1

I find that immediately switching from one can to another is torturous. However if I wait a day in between i'm less likely to try to over examine sound signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back