Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 1, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #13,006 of 13,140
So back in 2015 I got an early non-Fazor LCD2 off Ebay for $500. They were in great shape not a mark on them. I have since replaced the pads.

I ordered an RME ADI2 and was listening to my current setup to compare when it gets here tomorrow.

My LCD2 had no sound coming out of the right channel. I ordered a new cable......still no sound. Doh. Looks like its dead 7 years is a good run. I tried taking off the cover but see nothing wrong with the wiring.

I ordered a pair of LCD2 Classics will be here Wednesday.

The kind is dead, long live the king!

Jan 5, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #13,007 of 13,140
I decided I am going to get my old LCD2 refurbished with fazors so I can see how the classic compares against fazors head to head.

Jan 9, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #13,009 of 13,140
Thank you! Turns out I have a pre fazor. Another question for the folks here. The padding on my LCD 2 has started to erode. Quick search through the thread and I didn't see it come up. Anyone have any ideas/solutions as to how to address this?

20221229_175436.jpg

Foam tends to degrade .... not the most comfortable headband version anyway, I recall that my hair got stuck in it (I got the leather upgrade some years ago). However - note that your serial number is on the headband, you might want to keep that around. It should sound amazing though, if it sounds like mine :)

Jan 10, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #13,010 of 13,140
Order the closed backs from B&h the other day. I need a pair of high quality closed backs since my two best pairs are open.

And I do love some creamy warm but quality sound.

Super excited!

Got the t90 for excellent detail and sound stage. Got the Neumann NDH30 for great accurate sound, and now these for some warm and creamy delicious hard-hitting but detailed tip

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #13,011 of 13,140
Just ordered the Hifiman Ananda, I love them but have a seal issue near my temple and worry about the longterm durability.

Anyone here own both the Ananda and LCD-2 F or Classic that could help me with their experience?

I listen to modern music 95% of the time, heavy on the vocals, warmer sounds.
I compared Ananda and LCD-2f pretty extensively and I much preferred the LCD-2 - more dynamic and punchy. To me the Ananda was too thin sounding, tame. The Audeze also sounded more resolving to me. I hated the way the Ananda cups pressed my cheek bones and yes, the cups didn't deal properly. No such problems with the LCD-2f - it's a keeper.

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #13,012 of 13,140
New owner of an LCD-2 Rosewood here. Absolutely in love, find myself constantly reaching for these over my Arya's. About to pull the trigger on a Focal Clear to pair, but torn between the OG or MG.

Does anyone have any insights into if the Clear MG is too similar to the LCD2?

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #13,013 of 13,140
Just got a pair. Still doing some burn in, but holy hell. Sound so good.

Jan 15, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #13,014 of 13,140
So I got the LCD-2C last week and had a pair of LCD-2 Non-Fazors since 2015 till the driver died right before the new year. Its at Audeze being refurbed with the latest fazors.

Anyone heard a recent model LCD-2C and LCD-2f and can compare and contrast? Did you get rid of one? Why?

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #13,015 of 13,140
So I got the LCD-2C last week and had a pair of LCD-2 Non-Fazors since 2015 till the driver died right before the new year. Its at Audeze being refurbed with the latest fazors.

Anyone heard a recent model LCD-2C and LCD-2f and can compare and contrast? Did you get rid of one? Why?
I've both, and, gonna get rid of the lcd2c because it has a less refined presentation across the spectrum, the lcd2f is just more nouanced and more gentle to the ear, at least to my ears. Feels to me the lcd2c are quite a bit grainy with some edginess too. How much depends on the recording, music genre and I guess upstream gear as well... the lcd2f rosewood looks way better too.
11960614.jpg

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #13,016 of 13,140
I've both, and, gonna get rid of the lcd2c because it has a less refined presentation across the spectrum, the lcd2f is just more nouanced and more gentle to the ear, at least to my ears. Feels to me the lcd2c are quite a bit grainy with some edginess too. How much depends on the recording, music genre and I guess upstream gear as well... the lcd2f rosewood looks way better too.

Interesting to hear the LCD2C described as grainy. I have been swapping back and forth between them and my Koss electrostats that just got back from Koss yesterday with a new cable. I don't hear grainyness in the 2C. The only high end headphone I have heard that I would describe as grainy was the AKG K7XX. I was super hyped to hear the legendary AKG soundstage back in the day, but after a couple days I was back on my LCD2 non-fazors. So much grain in the K7XX.

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #13,017 of 13,140
Interesting to hear the LCD2C described as grainy. I have been swapping back and forth between them and my Koss electrostats that just got back from Koss yesterday with a new cable. I don't hear grainyness in the 2C. The only high end headphone I have heard that I would describe as grainy was the AKG K7XX. I was super hyped to hear the legendary AKG soundstage back in the day, but after a couple days I was back on my LCD2 non-fazors. So much grain in the K7XX.
LCD2C and LCD2 pre fazor are two different "beasts". Not even close.

The original Austrian made K701 had the "WOW" stage, still own them, the later incarnations and K702, K712 etc., to my ears, were all lesser in that regard.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #13,020 of 13,140
I have used the LCD-2 for over 10 years now, sometimes for hours each day, and it just amazes me each time, still.

I was listening too my non-Fazors since 2015 then the right driver died :frowning2: They are at Audeze being refurbed. In the meantime my LCD2-C are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back