Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #8,026 of 13,140
Damn the ifi idsd micro really looks good! I'm currently running a musci streamer II+ with a Burson Soloist SL but i think i will be adding the idsd to my setup. The price to performance ratio seems very attractive. Will this be a good purchase?can someone please compare it to the mojo?

I've heard multiple people compare it to the Mojo and say it's on equal sound quality.

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #8,027 of 13,140
  Damn the ifi idsd micro really looks good! I'm currently running a musci streamer II+ with a Burson Soloist SL but i think i will be adding the idsd to my setup. The price to performance ratio seems very attractive. Will this be a good purchase?can someone please compare it to the mojo?

Mojo is more natural, more fluid, more easy-listening.

iDSD is sharper, less natural and less neutral. Can exaggerate bass due to the bass knobs. More aggressive more artificial sound.

Mojo is just honest, natural, fluid, smooth.

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #8,028 of 13,140
EQ is your friend. I turn my 2.2s to almost basshead levels.

The thx00 have great bass without the treble. Again, your gonna need to elevate the 25-50 Hz region to bring out the true potential. You can raise it pretty high before distorting. The Th series are basshead level cans if you know how to use eq.

What I'm saying is instead of going out and finding another set, try to eq your set to your liking
You can add

Project ember

Project Polaris

W/ the modi

I'm an EQ noob but I just use bass boost in iTunes equalizer, it works wonderfully.

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #8,030 of 13,140
  Where I live the HD 650 is 320 euros and the LCD 2F is 950, do you guys think the LCD is worth the price difference?
I'm using an ODAC and a Fiio E12 btw.

Having both, the LCD-2f is better for some genres of music but at 3X the price of the HD-650, not even close.  I think the HD-650 is a better all rounder than the LCD-2f and depending on the person, like my GF the weight of the LCD-2f is just too much.

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #8,031 of 13,140
iDSD micro

Chord Mojo

Love them both.  idsd is strictly desktop now

I love the pairing. Compared to the mojo they are more a like then different.  Thats with the idsd on normal mode.

Only differences, idsd a little more analytical, mojo little more musical, idsd stage is little wider, mojos stage has little more depth.  Detail retrieval is about the same with the edge going to the mojo.

Like a said they are more a like that different and the differences are minute.  

I use the idsd as a desktop with all connectivity and the mojo for portable since its so small.

I'm at my endgame for now with these two amp/dacs.  Now its just switching headphones here and there.

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #8,032 of 13,140
Mojo is more natural, more fluid, more easy-listening.

iDSD is sharper, less natural and less neutral. Can exaggerate bass due to the bass knobs. More aggressive more artificial sound.

Mojo is just honest, natural, fluid, smooth.

Lcd2 and Mojo are a very, very, very natural combo. Music just sounds right through them.

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #8,033 of 13,140
I'm an EQ noob but I just use bass boost in iTunes equalizer, it works wonderfully.

Don't use the bass boost option. Boost the bass yourself with the sliders. I don't remember how far down the eq on iTunes go, but start with raising the lowest frequency first. Listen for distortion of you start hearing it lower the gain. By lowering gain you can turn the volume up which in turn putting more power in the cans, which makes for better bass. Bass loves power. Now you can lift the bass some more. Just do this till your content.

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #8,034 of 13,140
Don't use the bass boost option. Boost the bass yourself with the sliders. I don't remember how far down the eq on iTunes go, but start with raising the lowest frequency first. Listen for distortion of you start hearing it lower the gain. By lowering gain you can turn the volume up which in turn putting more power in the cans, which makes for better bass. Bass loves power. Now you can lift the bass some more. Just do this till your content.

Why are you raising the bass instead of lowering the other frequencies? That would completely avoid issues with clipping.

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #8,035 of 13,140
Where I live the HD 650 is 320 euros and the LCD 2F is 950, do you guys think the LCD is worth the price difference?

The HD650 is an excellent headphone. The LCD2 is sonically 'better' in a number of ways. But more enjoyable? Not necessarily.

I still rank the HD650 right up there. It's good enough to be a number of headfiers end-game headphones. They are also pretty easy to drive even though people like buying pricier gear for them. They are more comfortable than the LCD2.

If you need the exacting low end reproduction that the LCD2 provides then get them. Otherwise, for the price, the 650 is the way to go

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #8,036 of 13,140

at even 3x the price the difference is worth it for me...it will be clearly audible on your first listen , which is something that any audiophile will really appreciate. Beyond the lcd-2 though, 3x the price then becomes quite suspect. I say go for it if your wallet wont hate you for it.

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #8,039 of 13,140
I have had the pleasure of listening to the LCD2.2F with the new Cayin IHA-6 and it has been a wonderful pairing. My LCD2.2f is a bit modded and is in the old cups. Before my drivers messed up, and they placed fazors in mine , I took all of the felt etc out and used some breathable fabric to help protect the drivers. I no longer need that. I have also been extra curious as to how the fellow here got grey cups. I will probably do a grill mod eventually. 

nice tight and fast bass is what this paring brings. Really like this amp for those two headphones right there. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #8,040 of 13,140
Really enjoy the sound of the LCD2.2 pre-Fazor I have, especially paired w Liquid Carbon amp Balanced.

The thing is the earpads started to peel pretty badly at the rims due to its age, well, only 2.5 years, not really too old. But the earpads look very bad...

On their website, it says the earpads were made from the best lamb skin from somewhere in Italy. But these don't really ok that way. For such a pair of expensive headphones, I really didn't expect this could happen so soon. They still sound great, and are still pretty comfortable to wear, but these look really ugly.

How about you guys' copies? Any of you had the same problem w yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back