Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #7,351 of 13,140
Sounds nice! And don't worry about the amp, the O2 powers the lcd2 just fine and quite well in fact. Audeze recommends people to use 1W-4W because they want people to use good amps with the lcd2. You don't need that much power especially with the fazors.

Nice I'm glad to hear that . I'll probably upgrade an amp down the line when I have more disposable income. The only thing I'll nitpick is that I wish it was more airier, considering its price and competition to cheaper phones . But it's overall presentation is still thick/big with a smooth signature that I guess it's still a great tradeoff

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #7,352 of 13,140
Sounds nice! And don't worry about the amp, the O2 powers the lcd2 just fine and quite well in fact. Audeze recommends people to use 1W-4W because they want people to use good amps with the lcd2. You don't need that much power especially with the fazors.

Yeah high voltage swings may be the reason for some driver failures. I heard they need like 400mW to power them fully. I'm using them with ifi ican and it drives them fine. The bass is strong. Its more about the quality of the source.

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #7,354 of 13,140
Nice I'm glad to hear that . I'll probably upgrade an amp down the line when I have more disposable income. The only thing I'll nitpick is that I wish it was more airier, considering its price and competition to cheaper phones . But it's overall presentation is still thick/big with a smooth signature that I guess it's still a great tradeoff

Yes LCD2 is smooth. You can hear details without having a bright signature. With the wonderful bass/sub it is the LCD2 legendary sound.
Personally I found the LCD2 pre fazor very natural sounding and I prefer it to all te fazor line I auditioned (LCD2, LCD3, LCDX).
However concerning the fazor/sub debate, according to audeze the fazor is not the culprit of the sub roll off (it might be related to the sensitivity of the driver).

Jan 23, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #7,355 of 13,140
Yeah high voltage swings may be the reason for some driver failures. I heard they need like 400mW to power them fully. I'm using them with ifi ican and it drives them fine. The bass is strong. Its more about the quality of the source.

Yup, I've also read somewhere that the AKG K702 (or 712 can't remember) is actually harder to drive than the LCD-2F. I'm not the source so don't quote me on that.
  Yes LCD2 is smooth. You can hear details without having a bright signature. With the wonderful bass/sub it is the LCD2 legendary sound.
Personally I found the LCD2 pre fazor very natural sounding and I prefer it to all te fazor line I auditioned (LCD2, LCD3, LCDX).
However concerning the fazor/sub debate, according to audeze the fazor is not the culprit of the sub roll off (it might be related to the sensitivity of the driver).

It seems that the fazor late revisions are getting quite close to the pre-fazor. Of course it's just their graphs and there's no telling if they're manipulating it to get more interested in buying. Also, the fazor grills might affect how natural the sound is. Anyway, you can see here that they're becoming quite similar actually:

Late 2015 fazor:

Pre-fazor:

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #7,358 of 13,140
I was wondering, as I am sure there are a number of you using an Asgard 2 amp with your LCD2's, how do you like that pairing. Do you think that would be better or worse than a Valhalla 2? I am currently using a Schiit Vali and I am probably worried over nothing at all but that little amp powering those large heavy phones just seems like it might be falling a bit short, not that I hear anything bad. What it all boils down to is probably just an excuse for me to buy another amp <G>

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #7,359 of 13,140

Yup, I've also read somewhere that the AKG K702 (or 712 can't remember) is actually harder to drive than the LCD-2F. I'm not the source so don't quote me on that.
It seems that the fazor late revisions are getting quite close to the pre-fazor. Of course it's just their graphs and there's no telling if they're manipulating it to get more interested in buying. Also, the fazor grills might affect how natural the sound is. Anyway, you can see here that they're becoming quite similar actually:

Late 2015 fazor:

Pre-fazor:

On their graphs the pre fazor still have a flatter/even response top to bottom :)

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #7,361 of 13,140
Hello folks, I've finally unlocked the Left Driver Failure achievement. Will contact Audeze after the weekend. Is there anything to take note of? Will shipping be covered?

Apart from the left driver, what else will be replaced? E.g. Earcups, Earpads, Filters, Fazor piece?

Could you share your repair experience? Thank you so much!

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #7,362 of 13,140
I'm driving my LCD-2Fs with the Asgard 2 and love it.  But like you, I too went through a phase of thinking I was missing something by using a 1W amp instead of something more powerful like the Lyr.  I recently backed away from that feeling because I couldn't argue with what I was hearing with the A2.  Also, someone mentioned that the LCD-2s don't truly need 1W or more to drive them properly.  Audeze suggests 1-4W of power in an effort to get people to use a proper amp instead of a headphone-out on a portable device.  Asgard 2 is really great.

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #7,363 of 13,140
  I'm driving my LCD-2Fs with the Asgard 2 and love it.  But like you, I too went through a phase of thinking I was missing something by using a 1W amp instead of something more powerful like the Lyr.  I recently backed away from that feeling because I couldn't argue with what I was hearing with the A2.  Also, someone mentioned that the LCD-2s don't truly need 1W or more to drive them properly.  Audeze suggests 1-4W of power in an effort to get people to use a proper amp instead of a headphone-out on a portable device.  Asgard 2 is really great.

Yup,the Asgard 2 drives it just fine. My O2 also drives my 2F well. I don't have the Asgard anymore though; I had the Asgard for awhile, but switched to a Polaris and the upgrade was great. Never looked back since.

Jan 24, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #7,364 of 13,140
Getting mine on Monday, and looking forward to trying them out with my Hugo.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back