Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #4,201 of 13,140
  After spending all that I did on LCD-2s I'm afraid to listen to anything else!  I don't want to be wowed by LCD-3s and then have an urge to spend even more lol. I can't see myself growing old of the LCD-2s anytime soon though.  

People are like "abstinence is the best form of birth control" Well, it's also the best way to avoid dumping even more money into audio 
biggrin.gif

All we need is to stay away from head-fi.org :p

Seriously, I spent 3 years happily going at it with my DT880 Pro, thinking I was on top of the headphones world until I discovered this cursed website.  Ignorance is bliss.

I am grateful for my LCD2 but my wallet, wife and other hobbies aren't very happy with it 
ph34r.gif
 :p 

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #4,202 of 13,140

All we need is to stay away from head-fi.org :p

Seriously, I spent 3 years happily going at it with my DT880 Pro, thinking I was on top of the headphones world until I discovered this cursed website.  Ignorance is bliss.

I am grateful for my LCD2 but my wallet, wife and other hobbies aren't very happy with it 
ph34r.gif
 :p 

Can verify. I've been here a while but back when I first joined I stayed fairly modest (DT770, Shure SRH840, Futuresonics Atrios MG7).

I hadn't had really good headphones yet and actually hadn't had ANY good headphones in a while, but with a new job comes new funds, and about a year ago I decided to drop a couple bucks on some okay headphones. Picked up Monster NTunes at Staples for about $90. That turned into the Monster DNA. Checking Head-Fi turned that into the M100. 

...now look at me.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #4,205 of 13,140
so if you wanted to move up from the he-400. What is the exact model to purchase?

You mean revision ? Well they all have their plus points....

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #4,206 of 13,140
You mean revision ? Well they all have their plyus points....

I have the 400 and the 400i. will be sending the 400i back. Now looking at the audeze. So the model is LCD-2.. But ive seen the word Fazor and 2.2 and others. A little confusing on their model ect. So which is a good one to google thx.. I prefer a good bass. Prefer one than can be driven by the asgard 2 and maybe a fiio e12.

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #4,207 of 13,140

I have the 400 and the 400i. will be sending the 400i back. Now looking at the audeze. So the model is LCD-2.. But ive seen the word Fazor and 2.2 and others. A little confusing on their model ect. So which is a good one to google thx.. I prefer a good bass. Prefer one than can be driven by the asgard 2 and maybe a fiio e12.

As far as I can tell, I've heard two models of the LCD-2: a bamboo and a rosewood, both of which are pre-fazor but I have no idea what revisions either are. I am GUESSING the bamboo was the original because it was a display unit and I doubt they kept swapping them out every time there was a new version, and I think the rosewoods are newer. They can all be driven the same, use the same hardware, etc. All that's different is fairly minuscule changes to the sound via later tweaking and the "fazor" which is just a small piece of metal that redirects the sound slightly. Read reviews on the pre-fazor model. They're all absolutely GLOWING. Then the fazor came out and the reviews are... still glowing. You can even find people in this thread that tried both, couldn't tell, stuck with the cheaper pre-fazor.

If you like bass (and that's what I like), then a big part is checking the response curve. Each LCD-2 comes with a piece of paper that shows off the curve. If you make sure yours has one you like, then you should be good.

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #4,208 of 13,140
As far as I can tell, I've heard two models of the LCD-2: a bamboo and a rosewood, both of which are pre-fazor but I have no idea what revisions either are. I am GUESSING the bamboo was the original because it was a display unit and I doubt they kept swapping them out every time there was a new version, and I think the rosewoods are newer. They can all be driven the same, use the same hardware, etc. All that's different is fairly minuscule changes to the sound via later tweaking and the "fazor" which is just a small piece of metal that redirects the sound slightly. Read reviews on the pre-fazor model. They're all absolutely GLOWING. Then the fazor came out and the reviews are... still glowing. You can even find people in this thread that tried both, couldn't tell, stuck with the cheaper pre-fazor.

If you like bass (and that's what I like), then a big part is checking the response curve. Each LCD-2 comes with a piece of paper that shows off the curve. If you make sure yours has one you like, then you should be good.
thx but I just want to go to te used forum andbuy one.. seems to be a few there

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #4,209 of 13,140
thx but I just want to go to te used forum andbuy one.. seems to be a few there

There are! Pretty much any of them should sound incredible, all ya gotta do is ask to take a gander at the response curve sheet and you should be able to find the one that looks best to you, then go for it. Hell that's what I did, haha. 

EDIT: The only downside is that the damn things are exposing a lot more flaws in albums than I was ready for. 
mad.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #4,210 of 13,140
  After spending all that I did on LCD-2s I'm afraid to listen to anything else!  I don't want to be wowed by LCD-3s and then have an urge to spend even more lol. I can't see myself growing old of the LCD-2s anytime soon though.  

People are like "abstinence is the best form of birth control" Well, it's also the best way to avoid dumping even more money into audio 
biggrin.gif

My recommendation is to stop reading Head-Fi RIGHT NOW. 

Instead, buy music and enjoy what you've got.  There's always a new FOTM (flavor of the month), and sometimes it's even better than what you've got.  But really, aren't you in this to enjoy the music, not the equipment? 

So buy music.  Relax and enjoy it.  Go away from here!!!

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #4,211 of 13,140
Side note: I've been putting these things through some paces. I'm... REALLY impressed with the pair I got on here. That fuller bass has turned these into a hip-hop headphone without losing all those other amazing qualities. Sure, they're not bass cannons, but dat curve fits perfectly. 

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #4,214 of 13,140
I don't really think the HE-500 is a great "upgrade" if you like the HE-400 thanks to the weak low-end. Can't say about the 560. The HE-6 was pretty good, but I wasn't enamoured with 'em. The LCD-2 on the other hand are my babies, and I'd say if you like the 400 the LCD-2 will blow your top back. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back