Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #1,682 of 13,134
I'm still interested in the LCD2 headphones, but I have read on the blogs that there are two new Audeze models about to be released. One will be a closed back headphone, a demo of which was presented at a recent show, and another model which will be priced between the LCD2 and 3 headphones. Does anyone have any more info about these models, particularly the closed back one (that design would be particularly helpful for my living situation)? Maybe someone has listened to the closed back model at a recent show?

Thanks!

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #1,684 of 13,134
I've seen some info about the closed back prototype on a number of websites, people checking them out at recent shows. Only this one blog mentioned those and a headphone that would cost between the LCD2 and the LCD3s. Hadn't seen anything about that anywhere else. I've been trying to find it again, but no luck. I'll post a link if I find it, if for no other reason then to prove I was not hallucinating.  
size]
  I'm pretty sure in that same blog it mentioned release dates of October and November for the two phones. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #1,685 of 13,134
I'd heard about the closed back version, but not anything else. I think a headphone from Audeze in the $500-$600 range would be a great move.  As an LCD2 owner, I feel like the difference between the LCD2 and LCD3 isn't big enough to squeeze another model between them, but what do I know? Another interesting move would be the introduction of an LCD4 at the current LCD3 price point and dropping the cost of the LCD3 to $1500-$1600. I might be tempted to move up to an LCD4 with a bigger improvement over the LCD2.

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,687 of 13,134
Is there anything definite on the closed-back Audeze yet? Hope it doesn't cost silly money.

I guess they are waiting the right moment to make it official 
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #1,688 of 13,134

I guess they are waiting the right moment to make it official 
wink.gif

they're holding back till they hear the alpha dogs, they wanna make sure they completely destroy it 
biggrin.gif

also maybe they will release it along with the LSD-4

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #1,689 of 13,134

they're holding back till they hear the alpha dogs, they wanna make sure they completely destroy it 
biggrin.gif

Oh my, things gonna get interesting 
cool.gif

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #1,691 of 13,134
they won't be comfortable either.

won't be long till there is a headphone that breaks the 1Kg mark 
confused_face.gif

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #1,694 of 13,134
I'm lucky because I can wear them for hours on end without any pain or discomfort.

I get earache sometimes because I listen to them too loud. Of all the headphones I've owned, nothing demands volume like LCD-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back