Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 19, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #5,611 of 7,353
It’s ok hehe. I wonder if you’re selling yours? Which part did it improve in its sound quality?

I don't know that it has. Switching cables is too slow for me to spend time trying to listen for a difference.

Just wanted a balanced cable as I got a DAP with a balanced output.

It looks and feel high quality and doesn't sound worse than stick. Can't say that about my two VE espresso cables that both started to sound noticable worse after a few weeks of use.

Aug 19, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #5,612 of 7,353
Just picked up the 10's on the classifieds, outstanding first impression w/ cipher. Keen to see what magic we can do to with EQ when the Mojo arrives as well..

Only issue though: the 2 pin connectors are quite loose - the left in particular has fallen out while listening on several occasions already. Is a non-Audeze cable the answer, or maybe even the V2 cipher + a plussound cable down the track?

I had the same issue with my iSine 10s. Got some after market cables hoping they would fit better, but nope. It's the connectors in the headphones themselves, in my case. I just put a little tab of glue on my Penon CS819 cable to keep them from falling out.

Aug 19, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #5,614 of 7,353
20180819_011709.jpg
Sounds like a plan. Any guide to follow somewhere in this thread?
Basically hold the cable in place (look at included pic and you can see) and just put a drop in one spot so you can replace the cable again later if needed.

Aug 19, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #5,616 of 7,353
Appreciate the pic. I understood it as creating a notch inside the connector to prevent it falling out, not to make it non-removable..
I tried using a blade to "stapple" the connectors and make them gripper. It helped some for a short time but eventually failed.

Tried cutting some small strips of doubles sided tape. That worked better every it would get pulled out and you have to keep replacing the tape.

A small dab of glue should still be removable, but only when you really really want to remove it. I don't plan to remove it unless I have to change out cables. Not ideal, but it works and is FAR better than my cables constantly falling out.

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #5,617 of 7,353
you can wedge a very small folded up piece of paper on the side of the connector as you slide it in and it will hold them snug. I had that issue on a pair that I ultimately had replaced under warranty.

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #5,618 of 7,353
Thanks! Just want to know which material suits isine 20 better. Eg: Hybrid, copper, or silver etc..
I'm not personally so far down the cable rabbit hole yet that I'm totally sold on material choice (purity being equal between them) having a significant effect on sound signature. [Although I do fully believe in litz wire.] The traditional wisdom is that silver will help support treble extension and thus balance out the naturally dark Audeze house sound, copper would support bass extension which the iSINEs don't really need, and hybrid would theoretically do both, although there's good reason to suspect this varies from headphone to headphone based on their impedance curves (sorry, cables are a hotbed of nonsense-witchcraft and legitimately subtle electrical engineering considerations). TLDR for my money I'd get the cheapest one either Effect or PlusSound makes. You get the litz wire structure either way, and anything beyond that is steeply (if existent) diminishing returns.

Aug 19, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #5,619 of 7,353
you can wedge a very small folded up piece of paper on the side of the connector as you slide it in and it will hold them snug. I had that issue on a pair that I ultimately had replaced under warranty.

Beauty. Fairly sure warranty could be a hassle as a second owner (however I did manage to register them on the Audeze site). Cheers!

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #5,620 of 7,353
I'm not personally so far down the cable rabbit hole yet that I'm totally sold on material choice (purity being equal between them) having a significant effect on sound signature. [Although I do fully believe in litz wire.] The traditional wisdom is that silver will help support treble extension and thus balance out the naturally dark Audeze house sound, copper would support bass extension which the iSINEs don't really need, and hybrid would theoretically do both, although there's good reason to suspect this varies from headphone to headphone based on their impedance curves (sorry, cables are a hotbed of nonsense-witchcraft and legitimately subtle electrical engineering considerations). TLDR for my money I'd get the cheapest one either Effect or PlusSound makes. You get the litz wire structure either way, and anything beyond that is steeply (if existent) diminishing returns.

Yeah, can't say I believe make a big difference, even if so nothing with paying crazy money for.

Beauty. Fairly sure warranty could be a hassle as a second owner (however I did manage to register them on the Audeze site). Cheers!

If you registered the iSine 10s I don't see why you'd have an issue.

Aug 19, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #5,621 of 7,353
I want to get some of those groovy tips. Does anyone know if I can purchase those at the discounted price if I own a second hand isine 20?

Are the eartips given by Audeze together with isine20 are different from the groovy kit?

Aug 20, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #5,624 of 7,353
The Cipher V2 Lightning cable for iSINE 10 & iSine 20.

What’s new in V2?
1) It is almost 50% lighter and about 20% smaller than the previous version, making it more comfortable. This change was made based on user feedback from the Head-fi community.
2) Fully balanced headphone amplifier! - The new Cipher V2 has been designed to operate in fully balanced mode. This means that the cipher V2 delivers double the voltage swing for greater output levels.
3) Improved DAC and DSP sections - Improves on the already good Amp and DAC for a more transparent sound and adds an even more powerful DSP. Sample rate and bit rate support remains the same.
4) New Apple LAM2 chip platform - It also uses the new Apple LAM2 platform for better efficiency and lower power consumption.
5) Dual microphones -- It has two input microphones for clearer voice calls. And the iSINEs were already recognized has having the best call quality of ANY made-for-Apple headset.
6) Four buttons - A fourth button allows you to mute/un-mute the microphone during conference calls. This is also programmable for additional functions in the future.
7) A new App to go with it - A new app called “Audeze HQ” accompanies the new Cipher cable and can be downloaded from the App Store.
Any registered iSINE 10 or 20 with Cipher V1 Lightning cable owner can readily purchase the Cipher V2 cable for $60. You do not have to trade-in or return your original Cipher cable – keep it as a spare. Contact support@audeze for more information.

How do you know if you have the new CIpher V2 cable? It will have 4 controls versus just 3 on the original model. The new Cipher V2 has been rolled out into production for the last few weeks and most units bought recently have the new cable.

Is the Audeze HQ app works only with Cipher V2 cable?

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #5,625 of 7,353
Yes. There is an Audeze app for V1. Just Audeze not Audeze HQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back