Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 30, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,921 of 7,352
also on the cable side make sure the left/right have the cable inserted correctly because they are polorized....  the lettering L or R  should both be located properly or they will be out of phase.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #1,922 of 7,352
Regarding creating distortion with your EQ,

Follow this rule -  If you are going to add rather than subtract, for example I add 11db of bass in my eq, then you need to subtract with a "pre cut" or "pre amp cut" which lowers the sound floor so nothing can peak past zero.  Since i use a 11db low shelf, and I know that means nothing is going to peak higher than 11db, I always play it safe and pre cut just a little more. so i would make a -12 db pre cut. if you are using a normal curve type, sometimes your curve peak can go a little higher than the number stated based on the type of eq you are working with, so you may want to subtract a little extra in the pre-cut.  This way nothing peaks past zero, and you are guaranteed not to introduce any distortion.  Given that these particular headphones are difficult to distort in the first place, you definitely wont introduce distortion following this method.

The audeze app automatically compensates for this.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #1,923 of 7,352
I want to try some aftermarket cable. So what is the connector type I should looking for? 2pin 0.75 or 0.78? And is it the standard connector for the isine ?
I'm quite noob about this... please help :)

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #1,924 of 7,352
I want to try some aftermarket cable. So what is the connector type I should looking for? 2pin 0.75 or 0.78? And is it the standard connector for the isine ?
2pin 0.78mm
And make sure that the connector has the small groove on the frontal side in between the pins. Like Yoruba see on the Eidolic ones

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #1,925 of 7,352
2pin 0.78mm
And make sure that the connector has the small groove on the frontal side in between the pins. Like Yoruba see on the Eidolic ones

Thanks a lot !!

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #1,926 of 7,352
  I got my iSine 10s today. out of the box, the bass sounded muddy and the midrange boxy. Now the bass has improved a lot after 5-6 hours. 
I am liking the sound. And the the boxiness to the vocals is also reduced a lil.
but I have this one issue. The bass sounds a bit to the right. Everything is placed properly , but the bass.
Has anyone experienced this? 

yes out of the box the sound for me seemed off also, so I began to burn them in, 100 hours or so, made a big difference,

although many don't believe that burning in anything makes any difference, it does, I believe if you don't burn them in the changes aren't noticeable, because it winds up being so gradual, but after a 100 hours or so, it was a night and day difference,

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,929 of 7,352
  yes out of the box the sound for me seemed off also, so I began to burn them in, 100 hours or so, made a big difference,

although many don't believe that burning in anything makes any difference, it does, I believe if you don't burn them in the changes aren't noticeable, because it winds up being so gradual, but after a 100 hours or so, it was a night and day difference,

I know without a doubt that some items do change with burn in...   after working in a lab for 40 years for failure analysis of semiconductor parts we monitor the parts while we do an excelarated burn in and watch the specified opertating parameters and see how they drift...

obviously if the operational parameters go out of spec during the burn in we can't sell those parts and we go and fix the problem...

so yes, burn in does have its effects....  

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,931 of 7,352

I tried to install a different cable last night...   the headphone connection point has a small ridge that would not let my cable connect....  it will be an easy mod to the cable connecter but I have not gotten around to it yet....  you just have to cut a small groove into the connector of the headphone cable, just look at the original cable connector and duplicate it...  should be easy to do... 

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #1,932 of 7,352
  Regarding creating distortion with your EQ,

Follow this rule -  If you are going to add rather than subtract, for example I add 11db of bass in my eq, then you need to subtract with a "pre cut" or "pre amp cut" which lowers the sound floor so nothing can peak past zero.  Since i use a 11db low shelf, and I know that means nothing is going to peak higher than 11db, I always play it safe and pre cut just a little more. so i would make a -12 db pre cut. if you are using a normal curve type, sometimes your curve peak can go a little higher than the number stated based on the type of eq you are working with, so you may want to subtract a little extra in the pre-cut.  This way nothing peaks past zero, and you are guaranteed not to introduce any distortion.  Given that these particular headphones are difficult to distort in the first place, you definitely wont introduce distortion following this method.

The audeze app automatically compensates for this.

The way I ended up EQ ing the i20 was I used your graph and recreated it in Onkyo HF player and once the two graphs matched I saved it.  What is nice about the EQ on the HF player 
is you can turn on the EQ...  rotate the phone/DAP sideways and the player displays the EQ and you can watch a song playback and if you have the EQ waveform too high in level then the screen flashes red for clipped content.. so you just drag your finger down on the screen and it pulls the entire waveform graph either up or down so you can optimize the level...   I played several different songs with strong content to find the clipping and adjusted the level down until there was no longer any red flashing screen during the peaks...  then you just hit the save button...
works great and sounds perfect...  

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #1,933 of 7,352
bought isine 10

the isine 20, bass bit too much, to the extent of fake.  20 has vocal closer..  discernable just a few seconds of comparison.

easier to drive, just over shame song phone is fine.  of course with mojo is another world.

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #1,934 of 7,352
enjoy guys...Darko's review on the iSine 20:
has some nice videos and a factory tour showing assembly of the isines, too

Difference with a capital D: Audeze’s iSine 20

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/04/difference-with-a-capital-d-audezes-isine-20/

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,935 of 7,352
I just placed my order for the iSine 10...so.excited!
biggrin.gif

I don't understand why everyone has this belief that portable 'phones NEED to be closed and isolating. I actually dislike wearing isolating 'phones out and about; to that end I traded my Audio Technica IM03s for a pair of Sennheiser MX985s and I've been happier and more relaxed ever since. I feel it's valuable to be able to hear things and especially people around me. Who knows when the pretty girl behind you in line might say something that gives you the perfect opportunity to jump in with a witty joke, or something? And if the pretty girl is talking about her church or something, that's good to know too and I can still tune her out. Closed earphones don't have that flexibility.

I also don't have to ride public transportation or have to endure any other truly invasive noise very often, and it isn't hard to stash a small pair of IEMs for those occasions. The Philips SHE3905, for example, is TINY, costs less than $10 online, and has fantastic, truly giant-killing sound quality. I think everybody should have a pair, even if it's just a backup to leave in your car or bag or locker.

The open iSine + the closed 3905 = all conceivable conditions covered, with class! :p

agree...the sines are what they are: not fully noise isolating.
also (for a more sealed alternative for noisy  environments) try the fab bang for buck Vsonics GR07 classics.

FYI: please don't raise the volume of these to 'drown out' the sound outside if it's loud.
.that only raises your chances of hearing damage and getting
tinnitus early on...i learned my lesson with the apple earbuds which weren't fully isolating.
i win the 'duh' award for that one...smh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back