Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #16 of 125

What ?

Sorry Audeze but the situation is getting ridiculous!

I think part of it is that they had some personnel issues. The guy I was dealing with evidently no longer works there so some stuff may have fallen through the cracks. I talked to a human today, got an RMA, and shipped them back. I paid for it but it was less than $10 to send them.

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #17 of 125
I think part of it is that they had some personnel issues. The guy I was dealing with evidently no longer works there so some stuff may have fallen through the cracks. I talked to a human today, got an RMA, and shipped them back. I paid for it but it was less than $10 to send them.

lol, giving you free return shipping when the product was defective out of the box shldnt be some favor one guy gets you, but it shld just be the company policy. i hope they didnt charge you a restocking fee too lol.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #18 of 125

I can't believe that Audeze had the guts to charge you for the shipping!

Seriously I'm really disappointed to hear what you're saying and I really hope that they will reimburse you your $10.  (Even if you don't care about the $10 that you have lost)

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #19 of 125
fwiw I didn't really ask about the details or ask to wait for them to send me a shipping label (which is originally what they offered) so we'll see what happens. Sounds like they've had a rough patch and I prefer to give small local companies some benefit of the doubt. 

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #23 of 125

And now they want me to pay to ship it back
confused_face.gif

I just received my replacement pair of headphones, yay ! 
smile.gif

But I had to call Audeze last week and remind them to ship them. 
frown.gif

Emoticons aside, they seem to be functioning and that's all I can say for now.  Should have some listening time tonight on the rag and the Zana Deux, impressions forthcoming.

May 2, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #24 of 125
Unfortunately I am sending these back. Sounds like a hole at 8 or 9 Khz. ( like someone shoved a wad of cotton in there, muffled). There's not much of a top end after that either, though it is there. Unfortunately holes cant be modded away & I love me the treble so these don't do it for me.

I didn't get past the muffledness to pay attention to much else but one other oddity hit me: Many parts sounded like they were coming from behind me? Might be placement of the drivers or a side effect of that muffled hole but it was weird.

Oh well, next headphone.

May 2, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #25 of 125
Unfortunately I am sending these back. Sounds like a hole at 8 or 9 Khz. ( like someone shoved a wad of cotton in there, muffled). There's not much of a top end after that either, though it is there. Unfortunately holes cant be modded away & I love me the treble so these don't do it for me.

I didn't get past the muffledness to pay attention to much else but one other oddity hit me: Many parts sounded like they were coming from behind me? Might be placement of the drivers or a side effect of that muffled hole but it was weird.

Oh well, next headphone.

awww... well i'm sorry to hear about your negative experience esp after all that trouble you had to go through to get the headphones fixed and everything.

I've been doing some more critical listening tests and I am surprised that no one has mentioned another particular sonic trait that is really glaring to my ears.

May 2, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #26 of 125
  awww... well i'm sorry to hear about your negative experience esp after all that trouble you had to go through to get the headphones fixed and everything.

I've been doing some more critical listening tests and I am surprised that no one has mentioned another particular sonic trait that is really glaring to my ears.

Do share please, what other sonic trait?

May 2, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #27 of 125
Nice short and to the point review over on CNET that I pretty much agree with completely. These headphones are hyper transparent, I'm kind of leaning towards the closed at this point.

http://www.cnet.com/news/great-american-sound-the-audeze-el-8-headphones/

May 11, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #28 of 125
I just got my EL 8 (less than a week) and so far no issues with the quality.  I'd say it is a very excellent sounding headphone and easily better in terms of details, clarity and bass (compared to K712 and HD600 - soundstage and head wearing comfort  is better in these 2 headphones).  The connectors can easily detached if you pull on the cable, not sure if it will become loose over time.  After a few minutes you will feel a little heat up around your ears because of the pleather material in the earcups.  So far Im very happy with this purchase and instantly my favorite headphone.  

May 11, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #29 of 125
  I just got my EL 8 (less than a week) and so far no issues with the quality.  I'd say it is a very excellent sounding headphone and easily better in terms of details, clarity and bass (compared to K712 and HD600 - soundstage and head wearing comfort  is better in these 2 headphones).  The connectors can easily detached if you pull on the cable, not sure if it will become loose over time.  After a few minutes you will feel a little heat up around your ears because of the pleather material in the earcups.  So far Im very happy with this purchase and instantly my favorite headphone.  

I have the same experience, aside from the favourite headphone part. I think the problem is that the people that speak up are the ones with problems. 
I mean, why would everyone that's without problems write that everything is normal? Because you shouldn't have problems with a brand new purchase.
But that's just what I think. 
I don't even have a problem with the connectors, but then again, I sit still while wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back