Attention! Fake Klipsch Image X10
Oct 14, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #46 of 55
Hi. If they are not magnetized to each other they are ok. Both fake and original have duralumin housings.
And take a good look at #2 and #3 of the first post in this thread.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #47 of 55
Interesting.
My model i a littlebit opposite.

Sharp edges
No black filter but a silvercoloured grid
NO magnetize. How close do they need to be to magnetize?
The colour is a littlebit glossy
And the sound actually ok. Still breaking them in.
What should i look after in pic#2 ?? Is the rubbersplitter fake pic?

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #48 of 55
Update on my "fake" klipsch x10.

I have finally broken them in about 80-100 hours at mid volume.
I checked with some other retail pair and the inner grid is also silver on that pair.
It seems all the signs for a fake pair is actually tiny redesign in looks. Mine is also more glossy looking colour than before models and the seller would give me a new pair or full refund if i wanted.

Now the sound. After break in, it totally transformed in my ears!! When i first listen to them it sounded muffeled, lacking detail and blurring bass. Now i absolutelly love this crisp tight bass sounding buds. Never noticed so much detail in any of my other buds/headphones.
The soundstage i so "airy" and i can pinpoint where different instuments is placed.

All in all im finally extremely satisfied with my purchase:)

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #49 of 55
Vesperaudio 

I have just bought some and after reading this thread was concerned they may be fake after buying them off ebay. For one thing all balanced armature drivers are magnetic by their very design, same as dynamic drivers so this cannot be a test as to whether they are fake or not. It seems that newer versions (genuine) are more glossy than the older matte ones too. 

Everything came in the box like I expected, everything looks genuine, they magnetise to each other (I would be surprised if they didn't), they are definitely metal also. One thing I can't get to grips with is the sound, the soundstage appears vast with these IEMs and things are jumping out I hadn't noticed before there is great width and depth also. They are sounding slightly harsh in the highs though but maybe they need breaking in? (read somewhere this helps) though bass and mids are currently very impressive which i find hard to believe if they are fake.

As for the acoustic filter mine is a white ring with metallic grid, and I really don't know what to trust anymore any ideas?

George

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #50 of 55
  Vesperaudio 

For one thing all balanced armature drivers are magnetic by their very design, same as dynamic drivers so this cannot be a test

1. Magnets used in x10 sonion drivers are so small and weak that you can hardly notice any magnetism even if you'll disassemble earphones and try to stick drivers to each other.
2. X10 housings are made of duralumin, a non-magnetic material. (which makes a chance to reveal drivers magnetism even more impossible)
3. We've disassembled over 100 X10s. None of the genuine were visibly magnetized to each other.

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #51 of 55
Hi to all. :)

I bought x10s on ebay and seem like it is fake. It have silver grid instead of black acoustic filter and quiet sound. Also it visibly magnetizes to each other. I upload video on youtube.

Can you, please, to confirm it is fake or not? Because I want to get my money back. Thank you in advance!

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #52 of 55
  Hi to all. :)

I bought x10s on ebay and seem like it is fake. It have silver grid instead of black acoustic filter and quiet sound. Also it visibly magnetizes to each other. I upload video on youtube.

Can you, please, to confirm it is fake or not? Because I want to get my money back. Thank you in advance!

My pair does not magnetize like that. I am guessing fake.

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #53 of 55
Just bought a pair of klipsch x10 from eBay turned out to be fake ! I could tell as soon as I touched the cable, the original cable is quite stiff maybe Kevlar the fake ones had a really soft cable. The copper bit is really glossy and they do magnetise when put together. If the price is too good to be true then it probably is!

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #54 of 55
Kevlar has no influence on stiffness of the cable. Besides there is no kevlar in the original cable.
There were several versions of cable in genuine X10, stiffer and softer, so I would not recommend to make a conclusion based only on stiffness.
Magnetism is a 100% proof.

Oct 1, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #55 of 55
Today I recieved a set of fake X10s bought on ebay. Seller is audiojax.  Packaging looked genuine, but no owners manual, crappy sound and magnetic drivers told the true story.

I bought them for my wife as she was very happy using my 4 year old x10s for running etc.  If I didn't have a genuine set to compare with I would simply believe the X10s was incredibly bad sounding
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back