Atrio MG7 the best IEM for a basshead audiophile?
Oct 20, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:
The Atrios have always set the standard for sub-bass and I don't see them getting dethroned anytime soon. I had MTPG and sold them because the Atrios spanked them so thoroughly in the Bass Dept. The Atrios Bass is not only deep, but it very accurate and not sloppy at all, a very high quality Bass sound. And with the new transducer, the mids and the treble are also very good and rival my Turbine Golds. I was looking for the most extreme, accurate (well, as accurate as bass can be) deep, non-invasive bass and the Atrios are the only choice.

The DDM2 is also very well fit for that description, as is the FX700.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #17 of 20

Anyone can tell me which foam tips (Comply or other brand model) and single flange tips I can use with the Atrios?

Comply website indicates T-100, but I have T-100s from Brainwavz B2 and they dont't fit (B2 is thicker).

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #18 of 20
Comply T100 and Ts100 will fit, so is Shure black foam. If you already use the T100 on B2, the inner tube might become loose and thus doesn't hold tight to Atrio anymore. Get yourself a fresh pair and they should work fine. Single flanges silicone eartips usually doesn't work well with Atrio long nozzle.

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #19 of 20
The original Future Sonics foams are just the best match for the Atrio! They will offer you the most bass texture and get the most out of the mid and high ranges. You will also get a much wider sound stage using the original foams. IME The Shure black foams and the Comply's bloat the bass and wreck the sound stage. Klipsch eargels are the only silicon eartips I would use on the Atrio.

If you end up loving the original foams, which are known to get dirty really fast and need replacing, here is my top tip:

Put the dirty foams into a little container (like a camera film container). Add some warm water about half way, close it up and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds. Drain the water and leave the foams in the open to dry. Do NOT squeeze the water out of them, this will ruin the foam!!!

This method has allowed me to use one pair of foams for the last 1 month, instead of throwing them out after 1-2 weeks. I have washed them twice and they have bounced back everytime, looking like they are a new pair of foams.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
Thanks guys. The MDT seemed interesting but are off my mind now after reading Joker's review. "The amount of sub-bass on the MD Tributes trumps all but the FutureSonics Atrio."
bigsmile_face.gif

Any other in ears I should look at?

I'll have to agree, but the MD Tributes are a very close second to the Atrios.  The sub bass is on the Tributes is phenomenal and have a full sized can sound in my opinion.  I auditioned the Atrios for a bit but returned them because of fit problems but they do sound great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back