Atrio MG7 broken - any other good bassy recommendations ~£140
Aug 30, 2012 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Dizzle77

100+ Head-Fier
Bit gutted at the moment as my Atrio MG7 earphones are broken. Before splashing out on another pair, I wanted to hear of any possible alternatives in the same price range. 

I listen to a variety of music, but do play a lot of electronic music like drum & bass and some dubstep. I like the bass to be warm and defined and mid range to be clear too (am i making sense?)

I've been really impressed with the Atrio MG7 since they were recommended to me by members here. Just wanted to see if there were maybe any alternatives worth considering.

Budget around £120-160

thanks

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 25
bump :)

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 25
Have you tried the TF10s? Other than that and maybe the GR07, there doesn't seem to be much that competes with the MG7 in terms of Bass quality?

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 25
i can reccmoned the JVC fx500 they sound similer but have worse isolation

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 25
or fx 700 if you can afford them

other iems are monster turbine gold, tf10s(not as good by far), Yamaha EPH100, Sony EX600, EX7550, IE8s, JVC FXT90

none of these are as the atrios but i would defintly reccomend the monsters turbines and the jvc fxt90 as i have heard both and like them both, i also heard the tf10s but i usally dont recommend BAs for deeeeepp bass

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #6 of 25
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been considering the UE TF10, but by the sounds of it they are not as bassy as the Atrio.

After doing some research it seems that some earphones like the TF10 have user replaceable cables. This really appeals to me as this is what I have broken on my Atrio. So with this in mind, can anyone recommend earphones with user replaceable cable that are bassy, but not excessively so for around £200 max? 

The Shure 535 sound good, but bit out of my price range I think. Not sure if the 425 would be bassy enough.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #7 of 25
your cable broke?

so did mine i just open them and fiexed them myslef and know i have 2 atrios one from warrenty and one that i fixed

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #8 of 25
I think my wiring is damaged inside the enclosure where the main cable splits into two.

Not sure how easy it is to open it up. Had a quick glance yesterday and didnt notice any seam.will have a proper look in a bit. Nothing to lose i suppose

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #10 of 25
yup sealed i got them open somehow just pull hard i guss, hsa if you are carfull enough just cut them open with a knife and super glue them back together

well i would not reccomend the xb90ex is not reccomended

there really isint any compition to the atrios they are pretty mutch in a class of its own

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #12 of 25
My Atrios broke too and I'm looking for a trade up. Wasn't impressed with them to be honest. Maybe I overhyped the Bass or perhaps most audiophiles don't really listen to bassy IEMs so they were floored with these. Eitherway,I'm embarrassed to admit it, but the sennheisers CX200 actually compete with the Atrio. The atrio definitely have a better soundstage but that's all its aces.

OP, I've been trawling the net too and apparently the JVC 700 are the best but they're unavaliable in the UK :frowning2:.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/548820/jvc-ha-fx700-review-wooden-king-of-dynamic-iems

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #13 of 25
I must admit that i'm at a crossroads at the moment. Rather than buy the Atrio again, I am thinking of taking the opportunity to upgrade and buy a 'better' IEM.

I have done a lot of reading over the last few days. The IE8 seem to be up there with the Atrio in terms of bass and I love how the cable is replaceable and the phones dont look like they will fall apart. This was annoying with the Atrio as the rubbery part of earphones was starting to fray and misshape.

The JVC F700 sounds good too. Be curious to know how the wooden exterior holds up over time though.

Aside from these the only other options would be to upgrade and pay a bit more. Yes I wouldnt get the deep, bodily internals bass shake of the Atrio, but I would get an overall improvement in sound.

I have considered the UE TF10 as they are fairly cheap now for a top end IEM, but after reading about the fit I don't think my small ears are suited.

Slso thought sbout the Shure 535 and Westone4. Would using an amp like the FiiO E6 or E11 help with bass response on these?

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #14 of 25
jvc fx700 is said to me an upgrade

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #15 of 25
jvc fx700 is said to me an upgrade

They do sound good I must admit. Looking like the only way of getting them to UK is via ebay though. Dont think i want to spend that money on there unless someone maybe knows a trusted seller?

That said the wooden panel exterior does worry me a bit though. Could it stand the test of time.......

Hmmmmm decisions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back