Atlanta Mini-Meet January 9th
Nov 30, 2015 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

fjrabon

Headphoneus Supremus
Click here for the meet impressions thread!

January 9th, 12:15 PM in the North Druid Hills area of Atlanta (right off I-85 see specifics below).  Easy parking. WiFi (albeit relatively slow WiFi). lots of tables.  Would likely need some help with people bringing extension cables and power strips, but other than that it's a solid location.  

non-finalized gear list:

Players:
Pono
Questyle QP1-R DAP

DAC/Amp combos:
AudioEngine D1 (maybe)
Aurender Flow
Grace Designs M9XX
HiFiMan EF2C
Fi iDSD Micro
iFi iUSB 3.0
iFi Retro (I had to put this in the combo, but look it up, I am beyond excited about hearing one of these!)
LH Labs Pulse Xfi
Schiit Fulla

DACs:
HotAudio USB1
CEntrance Dacport Slim
SkeletonDAC
GrubDAC
PupDAC
Schiit Modi Uber (maybe)

Amps:
Millett SSMH
Starving Student Millett Hybrid PCB
Millett Hybrid MiniMAX
Millett Hybrid MOSFET-MAX
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Bakoon HPA-01m
Schiit Magni Uber (maybe)
Torpedo I
Torpedo III (several)

Headphones:
AKG K712
Audeze LCD2 Revision 2
Audeze EL-8 open and closed
Audeze LCD-3
Audeze LCD X
Audio Technica ESW9A
Audio Technica M50X
Audio Technica AD700
Brainwavs HM5
Denon D1001S
Fostex TH-X00 (X2)
Fostex TH-900
Grado SR80e
Grado SR225e
Grado HF-2
HiFiMan HE400i (new version)
HiFiMan Edition X
HiFiMan HE1000
Mr. Speakers Ether
Phillips Fidellio X2 (maybe)
Sennheiser HD439
Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser Momentum 2 over-ear
Shure SRH840
Stax SR-009 (maybe)

Finalized update:

Hey everybody, to finalize all the details:

Location: 2250 North Druid Hills Rd, Suite 130 Atlanta, GA 30329
Time: 12:15 PM

IMPORANT: If you just plug this into your GPS, it will take you to the correct area on North Druid Hills.  HOWEVER, this office in the back of an office building, off the road.  Facing the road there will be a dry cleaner and an Einstein's bagels.  Turn in there, and then go to the back, you'll see a two-story office building.  In the back of that building, there will be a Princeton Review office.  This is where they have graciously allowed us to hold the meet.  It is on the corner of the building. next to nostalgic media.  

We will have eight foot by two foot tables to set up for our stations.  If possible, please bring an extension chord and power strip with you.  We have 4 outlets with two sockets each, so should have plenty of power overall, but those can be eaten up fast with wall warts.  

If you have indicated interest in this thread, I will also be sending you a PM with my contact info, so if you've been lurking, please respond in this thread, also indicating what gear you are bringing, so I can update the first thread.

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 55
Interested! I have TH900 to compare with your TH-X00. Also should have a Bakoon HPA-01M by then which Bakoon products are known to have legendary pairing with the Fostex TH series so I'll be interested to see how it pairs with the TH-X00 as well. I'll be out of town MLK weekend though

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 55

If any of y'all are willing to work with us on CanLanta 2016, it would be appreciated. We will put together a team in January to start preparations for the meet in early May. We'll need to do site selection, identifying sponsors beside A-VCOA, vendor invitations (personal contact) & start advertising. We'll really need some help from the folks on head-fi.org with experience in putting one of these on. It wouldn't hurt if we had some of you who are better known in the industry than we are. We WILL have the announcement in Stereophile and this usually gets us attendees who don't know about this club!

Looking forward to working with you.

John

John Morrison, President, Founding Member
Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 
Direct: 770-330-3919
Fax: 1-866-891-3690

mailto:jhm3@bellsouth.net
http://www.a-vcoa.org

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #6 of 55
If any of y'all are willing to work with us on CanLanta 2016, it would be appreciated. We will put together a team in January to start preparations for the meet in early May. We'll need to do site selection, identifying sponsors beside A-VCOA, vendor invitations (personal contact) & start advertising. We'll really need some help from the folks on head-fi.org with experience in putting one of these on. It wouldn't hurt if we had some of you who are better known in the industry than we are. We WILL have the announcement in Stereophile and this usually gets us attendees who don't know about this club!

Looking forward to working with you.

John

[COLOR=0000C0]John Morrison, President, Founding Member[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]Audio-Video Club of Atlanta[/COLOR] 
[COLOR=000000]Direct: 770-330-3919

Fax: 1-866-891-3690[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]mailto:jhm3@bellsouth.net[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]http://www.a-vcoa.org[/COLOR]

I'd be glad to support the big canlanta any way I can. Based on your time frame maybe this could also dual purpose as a organizational meeting for canlanta. I don't, however, have any industry connections in Atlanta.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 55
John,

Let me know if you need any help with the Canlanta event.  I'll do what I can to assist you.

@fjrabon,

I am interested.  If I can make it, I'll bring my SR-009 for folks to listen to again together with the HD800.  I will bring along the HE1000 as well as long as I don't decide to sell it.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #9 of 55
Alright let's do this then.

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #10 of 55
Sounds like we have a plan! I'll attend the meet in January and we'll take some time to discuss CanLanta 2016. I'll see if I can get a few of the club folks to meet with us and start the planning. Anyone attending the meet will be invited to provide input and to participate in the planning team! I hope this meets with everyone's approval. In a town as big as Atlanta, we really do need to have a major event for those of us who listen to headphones and have it supported by industry sponsors!

John

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #11 of 55
John,

Let me know if you need any help with the Canlanta event.  I'll do what I can to assist you.

@fjrabon

I am interested.  If I can make it, I'll bring my SR-009 for folks to listen to again together with the HD800.  I will bring along the HE1000 as well as long as I don't decide to sell it.

No luck in begging you to bring out the R10 or Orpheus then huh? :wink: (don't blame you at all)

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #12 of 55
poll for dates added.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #13 of 55
Poll doesn't let you select more than one date, but any weekend in January besides the 16th works for me

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #14 of 55
Poll doesn't let you select more than one date, but any weekend in January besides the 16th works for me

thanks, should be fixed now.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #15 of 55
hey, if people who may have voted previously could re-vote, that would be great, I had to re-do the poll since originally I only gave the option of picking one option.  If it's showing you results, you already voted.  If you don't see results, please vote as soon as you can make an informed date choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back