ATH-WS70 vs ATH-ES7
Jan 15, 2010 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Shingetsu

100+ Head-Fier
How do they compare? Any help would be appreciated. I am a bass head so I am looking for alot of bass. and the earpads look a bit more comfy than the es7's

Thanks again.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 12
havent heard the WS70 but i can tell you the ES7 is a fantastic Closed headphone.

They are nice a lively, with great detail and fantastic looks. The bass has a real spirit to it which i love.

As for buying specific headphones for their 'bass', you might want to reconsider this and try EQ'ing for more bass; especially with closed headphones this can be areal success

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 12
Yeah, the want to switch to the WS70 is also a cosmetic thing. My ES7s are too damn shiny and i always want to wipe them off. lol. Plus if the bass is really better on the WS70s then Im just gonna sells the ES7s and go with those.

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #11 of 12
Coming from A900s, I can say without a doubt that the WS70s are very uncomfortable.  I had to basically bend them like crazy to loosen the fit, just so the clamping tightness wouldn't pluck my head off.  And even now, the top padding bothers the top of my head. After even 20 minutes of use.  I don't want to keep think about how uncomfortable my headphones are after wearing them for such a short amount of time!

They do sound pretty good though, but not as good as my A900s (even though they have more bass).

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #12 of 12
I apologize heavily for my review on the WS70 which was a positive one.  

It is by far one of the worst values and headphones to come out in a long time.  It is pretty comfy after stretching.  Its pads are poor quality, and the set overall is built extremely well.  Its solid.  However, it sounds like GARBAGEEEEEEE, especially so after comparison to the es7.  

It is not as good as the JVC HA-S700...which retails for $30.00 and less on ebay brand new with a warranty.  It claims overwhemling bass, but the jvc has700 has just as much kick and is VERY NOTICEABLY cleaner and of a much high bass quality.  The stage on the WS70 is VERY TALL and VERY NARROW....its the oddest sensation of music coming at you.  I was exicted by a new type of sound stage that was upside down and reviewed it well.  

stage should be wide and tall, or wide and less tall like a wide screen tv produces video, but just in sound version. like this

[      ]    noticeably less tall and wide, thats how it should be and how lots of quality sets appear to sound

the ws70 sounds like this

[  ] 

noticeably TALLER that it is wide...
i apologize heavily for it and will urge you to stray as far from them as you can.  They are god awful.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back