[ATH-ON3 or ATH-SJ5] Vs. PX100
Mar 16, 2008 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sackynut

100+ Head-Fier
Ive read around on the site about opinions, and it seems the SJ5's may beat out the ON3's in quality by a slight margin. Although the ON3's definitely win in comfort.

As far as portables go I have a pair of PX100's and a pair of ATH-SJ3's.

My SJ3's I generally use on my laptop, and Im not too comfortable with the lack of sound quality.

On the other hand, Im in LOVE with my px100's.

Im in the market for a new pair of portables that are at least a little bit sturdy, because Im giving my SJ3's to a friend.

So which is a better choice? Sound quality is the biggest factor, but comfort definitely plays a role. I would rather sacrifice a little bit of quality to not hurt.

Also, how do each of these compare to the PX's?
Thanks

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 6
If you are looking to replace PX100 with ON3 in the SQ department, than you will be fairly disappointed. I have compare ON3 with PX200 (which is less in everything compare to PX100, except for isolation), check out the link in my signature.

ON3 isn't a bad choice when you consider its low price. It is quite light and comfortable too. If SQ isn't the top priority, than it is a good choice (well, at least when you compare it to Sony or Panasonic clip-on)

Mar 17, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 6
I read the review and some was kind of vague. What I got was that they were very comfortable, but could possibly break easily.

In terms of sound quality, I have never heard a pair of PX200's, but from what Ive read they are similar to the 100's, with less bass and a more closed-back sound.

It seems we both have a pair of Creative EP-630 Canal ear phones. Could you please compare the SOUND QUALITY of the ON3's to the EP-630's. My 630's are decent, and I am fine with their sound quality. The only problem with them is the pressure they put on the inside of your ear, it doesn't really help me focus on what Im trying to do.

Also, keep in mind I would be buying the ON3's for $50 (US Currency).

Thanks.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 6
Their treble is about the same, but EP-630 is much warmer and has a stronger bass (obviously as a canalphone). I don't think ON3 worths $50... more of a $30~40 if you ask me.

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 6
Thats what I figured. Im really looking for something with good sound quality, VERY good comfort, and that wont break if I fall asleep with it on. My PX100's are pretty good for that, but they are somewhat fragile. Thanks.

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 6
yuin pk3 or yuin pk2. Very comfortable, when I use my pk1's I don't even feel them in my ears. Pk3 has a little more bass than the pk2, and the pk2 is a little more detailed. Eather one I think would be a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back