ATH M50 -> HUD-MX1 vs Audioengine D1 vs Mav TubeMagic D1 vs U100
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

soundlikes

New Head-Fier
Well I've had M50s for awhile and I know they are not the best of the best but I would like to get a little bit more out of them with my laptop (Lenovo E420 i5). I have a lot of FLAC files ranging from 16 44 to 24 96. I've been looking on the forums for couple weeks now trying to figure out what the best choice would be. I would like to get something with a decent DAC that would have SPDIF and USB input and would not  require me to upgrade any time soon. I do not have to get a DAC/amp combo since I have a little headphone tube/amp that will get me by, but if it would lower the quality of the output of the DAC then maybe a combo would be better choice??? My budget for this purpose is ~200 but I am flexible when it comes to a good quality equipment for the money.

From the rigs listed in the subject line I like the Maverick the most but at the same time I believe that it is out of date comparing with the Audioengine. I've read a lot of good things about all these products but I am not too sure what is the best for me. I listen to a wide range of music classical, jazz, blues, techno, dubstep, rock, metal etc. If any of you guys can give me an advice or have other good ideas, please let me know. Just remember I won't be upgrading or adding anything to my setup in the next year or two. THANKS !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back