ATH-AD900 Owners, I need you help
Dec 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Trae

500+ Head-Fier
I'm getting really interested in these headphones, not because of how they sound, but because of the construction of the headphone, especially the driver area. So, for any of the AD900 owners on here, I'd really appreciate it if you could take some pictures of the driver area (unscrew the headphones).

The reason is because I've modified some Pro700MKII drivers (I cut the paper covering the holes behind the driver), and now they sound much more open, balanced, more detailed, more bass, etc. I've already cut a nasty looking hole on each side of the headphone and stuffed it with cotton, but I think that I want to put the driver in an enclosure that will allow it to perform the best, which is the AD900 enclosure. I need some pics of the drivers on the AD900 to see if they'll match up with the Pro700MKII drivers. Since they both use 53mm drivers, I'm thinking that it should be a drop-in replacement, but I just want to make sure. 

Also, for any AD900 owners with beyerdynamic headphones, do you think that their earpads would fit on the AD900? I would like to transfer my clear beyer gels to the AD900 without rigging them up the way I have them on the Pro700mkIIs (sig). If I can't, then it can't be helped.

Thanks.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back