Asus Xonar DX Mods!
Oct 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #46 of 117
Seperating them for connection could be very simple but IIRC, they are all linked in the drivers so it is not like you can get input from the line and use the S/Pdif output at the same time..for instance. You could add seperate connection all going to this "muti-jack" for the sake of convience.

Recording quality has a great deal to do with the ADC itself. The opamps would be used as a Pre-buffer but replacing it with a higher quality unit could do some good.
The 5532's have been used in everything you could think of that would need audio opamps, including professional grade studio mixers. Many designers still use them as part of their design tool box.
It may be a possible mic boost through hardware or the mic boost may have been done through software.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #47 of 117
Did not think this way. Thank you.
Is any difference for recording quality if I use line-in(back), line-in(front) or AUX-in connectors? Same for MIC (back or front).

By the way. What is REAL pinout of front panel connector. I found different info from different sourses
smily_headphones1.gif

So, is OPA2727 good enough reason to replace 5532 ADC OpAmps?

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #48 of 117
Well, some don't like using the front panel conenctors because of the long cable that runs from the card to the front panel header. This cable could possibly pick up EMI/RFI in some systems. You may not notice any difference, if you tested.

I don't know the pin out right off hand. It should be a set standard. A;lthough IIRC< there is the AC'97 standard and the intel HD standard. I am unsure what is different between these two standards.

I have never used the 2727 opamp so I am unsure about it. The 5532 my be more then enough for a buffer for this input.

Hope this helps.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #49 of 117
It helped.
If I use Xonar with Pioneer VSX-818 AV receiver what output gives better quality? Analog 5.1 or optic SPDIF? befor and after OPAMPs replacing. My undertanding is CS4398, CS4362 and 4x 5532 working only for analog 7.1. Am I right?

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #50 of 117
I removed 5532 DAC AMPS (exept back channel) and before solder new just tested in PC. Somehow I had audio output on both (analog and digital) outputs in just lower volume. Back channel was louder. Is it normal?

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #51 of 117
My guess would be the analog side. Try both and use your ears to compare. The DAC's on the S/Pdif input section on many receivers are just low-mid grade at best.
Most modern soundcards will provide better sound quality using an analog connection then the same system using a digital one. Try both and use your ears to decide...

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #52 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess would be the analog side. Try both and use your ears to compare. The DAC's on the S/Pdif input section on many receivers are just low-mid grade at best.
Most modern soundcards will provide better sound quality using an analog connection then the same system using a digital one. Try both and use your ears to decide...

Hi
Playing with it now. Put 2727 on surround. Lost right side channel. Remove OPAMP - have chennel back. Going to try another 2727. It works fine on center/sub.

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #53 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by better /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The OPA2727 is a superior opamp to the AD8620 for audio... try it maybe, ROBSCIX etc., before saying things.
smily_headphones1.gif

So, you are saing the OPA2727 better then AD8620 for this application.
I put 2727 for surround and center/sub channels. They are working fine.
What would you recommend for front? 2727 or 8620?
Any idea why I have analog output without OPAMPs?

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #54 of 117
The front channel op-amp has a 16V supply, so keep that in mind when replacing it and when selecting output capacitors. For example the 6.3V blackgates I was using earlier in this thread are not a good idea (now I'm using solens).

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #60 of 117
Thats what I thought.

Many times those types of caps can be redundant as depending on what your using next in the chain they may have them on the inputs.

Did you notice an improvment in sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back