Astrotec AM-90
Mar 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lvrhs

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i just looked in lendmeurears site and saw this
What atracted me? They have Balanced armature drivers. And they cost only $44 shipped. 
Then i looked on taobao, and they in china cost only 188 Yuan!!! For example Soundmagic pl50 costs 300 yuan.
So through my fave taobao agent taobao-buying-agent.com they will cost about $35-38 shipped. I think they are cheapest armature iems, correct, please, if i'm wrong(ADDIEM wont count)
maybe someone have already this am90? 
Founded in 2001, Astrotec intially focus on OEM manufacturing. In 2012, it decided to enter into the IEM market with the brand name Astrotec.

The AM-90 is it's first effort. With a metal housing, a Knowles balanced armature and an irrestible pricing, the AM-90 is bound to make waves in the budget IEM category!

Accessories:

1 hard case
2 pair of silicon tips
1 pair of foam tips
1 pair of triple flange tips

Specification:

Driver: Knowles Single Balanced Armature Driver
Rated Impedence: 25 Ohm
Sensitvity : 109 dB/1mw
Cable: 1.2m +/- TPE cable
Plug: 3.5mm gold plated plug

Img337142859.jpg

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 6
Well, a balanced armature-based product is not unheard of at that price; they're just almost always based off the SR 'Siren' receiver. It a bit of a warm-sounding driver with decent tonality, but is usually a bit deficient in the highs --- that's how all the various SR-based products tend to sound. The outer housing seems to look fairly attractive and robust, however, and that may be its selling point.

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
MEelectronics has a pair of A151 also single BA for 30-40USD. In that price range I think MEelectronics did a fantastic job

The A151 was originally 70...

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 6
Then I must have purchased it while it was on sale then. But one thing I noticed about MEelectronics was that they never sel lat the MSRP. There is always some sort of dealer discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back