Astell & Kern's A&ultima SP1000 - Whoa Feel The Quality
Jun 12, 2017 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SoundBytes

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi Community,

Oh... My... God...

The first thing I thought of when I put on my UE 10 Pro's and plugged them into the SP1000.

Now what is interesting is I just ordered a pair of UE 18 Pro's. It's been 11+ years and time for an upgrade.

I want to get settled in before posting a full review of the SP1000 and I'll add differences for UE's, Sennheiser's HD800 and some different cables.

However, I can tell you this DAP is heavy... I would say it feels like 2 lbs in your hand and it's gorgeous.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 3
I got my SP1000 the other day, and here's my take on it. Insanely expensive? Yes (did I really spend THIS much on a DAP??). Was it worth it? Let me put it to you this way... my Hifiman Edition X V2 headphones, which I've always liked, now suddenly sound like the most extraordinary headphones on the planet to me. The sound of this thing is ASTONISHINGLY good. But did I really pay this much for a DAP??

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #3 of 3
I got my SP1000 the other day, and here's my take on it. Insanely expensive? Yes (did I really spend THIS much on a DAP??). Was it worth it? Let me put it to you this way... my Hifiman Edition X V2 headphones, which I've always liked, now suddenly sound like the most extraordinary headphones on the planet to me. The sound of this thing is ASTONISHINGLY good. But did I really pay this much for a DAP??

Yes you did....you really did lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back