Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter
Sep 27, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #31 of 457
It doesn't mention AptX here:
http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/htm/ak120/ak120_2_feature01.asp

Might be a new feature through firmware upgrade. The hardware is powerful enough to handle a number of different codecs so adding another one in software shouldn't be a big deal.

Can't wait for XB10. I think I saw it available in the Korean store. Maybe there's a way to get it from there.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #32 of 457
gr8sound, thank you for starting this thread.  I saw the XB10 on a review today and immediately jumped over to Head-fi to get any impressions.  It looks pretty impressive for that price point and I am always looking for good portable gear for me son and I to trade. 

I look forward to hearing more.

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #33 of 457
No problem. Glad I could post something useful for other Head-fiers.

XB10 still isn't available yet though. I've been watching listings pop up on Amazon for weeks but they seem to be for pre-orders.

I've gotten away from bluetooth the past couple years but may have to try this one. Not a fan of A&K's lackluster support but tempted to try this first (afaik) wireless adapter with a balanced output.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #34 of 457
  gr8sound, thank you for starting this thread.  I saw the XB10 on a review today and immediately jumped over to Head-fi to get any impressions.  It looks pretty impressive for that price point and I am always looking for good portable gear for me son and I to trade

I look forward to hearing more.

wich review? care to share?

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #37 of 457
Ak just gave me shipping notice!

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #41 of 457
Good to hear you guys will have your XB10s soon.

We'll all be waiting for impressions but, if possible, can you guys connect it to a PC using a regular usb cable (power and data). I'd like to know if the XB10 shows up as a playback device which would indicate it can work as external sound card and dac

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #42 of 457
  Good to hear you guys will have your XB10s soon.

We'll all be waiting for impressions but, if possible, can you guys connect it to a PC using a regular usb cable (power and data). I'd like to know if the XB10 shows up as a playback device which would indicate it can work as external sound card and dac

I doubt that will be possible (or they will advertise it) but I will try.

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #43 of 457

I doubt that will be possible (or they will advertise it) but I will try.

Sennheiser didn't advertise it either but I found that connecting the Momentum 2 Wireless' usb to a pc or android (with an otg cable) allowed it work as a usb dac. The M2s sounded even better in that mode than either wireless or using the 3.5mm cable. This unadvertised feature also worked on a few other wireless headphones.

Different companies and different products, I know, but usb mixed with bluetooth can have some surprising results. These types of adapters are relatively new though; can't hurt to try. Worst that can happen is the XB10 will start charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back