Astell&Kern SA700 - Past meets Present
May 21, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #632 of 708
May 21, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #634 of 708
that list shows streaming music apps im reffering to just music players such as jet effects/audio on google play
No, the list reflects all allowed apps, not just streaming ones. For example, Foobar2000 is not a streaming app.

If it's not on the list, it cannot be installed.

Jun 1, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #635 of 708
This thread does not look very active:relaxed:

Here is my favorite combination so far.
Earsonics S-EM6 V2 (discontinued).

DSC-0015.jpg

What do you guys use with the SA700?

Jun 1, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #636 of 708
Campfire Audio Solaris 2020 plays nicely with the SA700 :relaxed:

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #637 of 708
"far east" connection with ATH-CKR100iS

20220601_083107.jpg

Dec 26, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #640 of 708
Yes! Just got this player a couple days and. All my files are AIFF. have just been settling in with it and dismayed to discover that gapless does not work As it claims to.

I have A LOT of live albums.

has anyone got a fix?
I certainly don't - I converted my aiff files to flac and it seems the gapless does work.
Not sure if it is something A&K would be willing to fix

Anyone know if it is worth opening a ticket with them ?

Dec 26, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #641 of 708
I certainly don't - I converted my aiff files to flac and it seems the gapless does work.

Seems like by now A&K abandoned SA700 firmware support wise. You could let them know about this issue. If it impacts newer players they might look into it, but I doubt they would bother releasing a fix for SA700 anyhow.

Dec 26, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #642 of 708

Right, so you’ve had success converting to Flac and then gapless works? I bought this player primarily for travel. Love the sound quality but the gapless not working is a deal breaker. Have a day at home tomorrow before hitting the road again and based on your comment it would appear I’ll be spending that day converting a lot of albums in XLD to Flac as a priority. Hope it is the Band-Aid fix.

I’ve messaged @JasonNYC asking if Flac is the only supported file type since in researching this matter I saw he commented on another player quite some time ago that ALAC wasn’t supported for gapless which led me to wonder if it is the same is for AIFF and that true gapless functionality is therefore exclusive to Flac files?

Seems like by now A&K abandoned SA700 firmware support wise

If that is the case, for the money the players cost it’s quite unforgivable really.

Dec 27, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #643 of 708
Right, so you’ve had success converting to Flac and then gapless works? I bought this player primarily for travel. Love the sound quality but the gapless not working is a deal breaker. Have a day at home tomorrow before hitting the road again and based on your comment it would appear I’ll be spending that day converting a lot of albums in XLD to Flac as a priority. Hope it is the Band-Aid fix.

I’ve messaged @JasonNYC asking if Flac is the only supported file type since in researching this matter I saw he commented on another player quite some time ago that ALAC wasn’t supported for gapless which led me to wonder if it is the same is for AIFF and that true gapless functionality is therefore exclusive to Flac files?

If that is the case, for the money the players cost it’s quite unforgivable really.
My SR15 and SR25 both play .aiff gapless ok

AFAIK the SA700 gapless works for lossless .wma files also - at least i haven't noticed .wma files having a problem

Dec 27, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #644 of 708

No that's not correct. ALAC is gapless as well - it is my poison of choice and I haven't had any issues with it with classical/opera

Users who are viewing this thread

Back