Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Oct 18, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #346 of 739
Hey all,
I wonder if you might help me out. My AK 300 has stopped downloading from Qobuz and Tidal. It appears to be working to download, but making no progress. I have spent the past weekend trying. There is 500gb free on the SD card I am using. Any tricks or other ideas?

Oct 19, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #347 of 739
Hey all,
I wonder if you might help me out. My AK 300 has stopped downloading from Qobuz and Tidal. It appears to be working to download, but making no progress. I have spent the past weekend trying. There is 500gb free on the SD card I am using. Any tricks or other ideas?
For some reason, I had nothing but issues trying to download to SD card from Qobuz and Tidal on my SE300 and my SR35. I posted a few times in the forums but nobody seems to have the same issue, so I just moved to Apple Music and am having a much better experience now.

Oct 20, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #348 of 739
I’m aboard a flight right now and took this damn machine with me and CANNOT connect to WiFi due to it’s awful set up for accessing log in. Never again will I travel with this thing. So damn frustrating. Claims a log in should magically show up on the machine is not acceptable. This just doesn’t make sense. Why make a streaming machine without ability to log in!?!? I just don’t get it.

Oct 20, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #349 of 739
I’m aboard a flight right now and took this damn machine with me and CANNOT connect to WiFi due to it’s awful set up for accessing log in. Never again will I travel with this thing. So damn frustrating. Claims a log in should magically show up on the machine is not acceptable. This just doesn’t make sense. Why make a streaming machine without ability to log in!?!? I just don’t get it.
Connect ur handphone to wifi, hotspot from your phone wifi to se300. Can work just a bit slow.

Oct 20, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #350 of 739
Connect ur handphone to wifi, hotspot from your phone wifi to se300. Can work just a bit slow.
$1800 dollars dap that can't be used with hotels or planes.
And now the man max ultra with 4.2 Bluetooth he'll no

Not acceptable at all.

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #351 of 739
To be honest, I have given up using any streaming DAPs on flights. The bandwidth is not great. And the wifi is not quite consistent. Hence, I content myself with offline music, whether it be under a music app or otherwise. With an SD card, plenty of music to keep me occupied even for 12 hour flights. :)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #353 of 739
The BT v4.2 version used in the latest Kann Ultra is even more difficult to understand when
Astell & Kern has only released 2 models of TWS headphones:
Astell & Kern AK UW100MKII - BT v 5.2 BT Qualcomm 5141 Chipset - Latest
Astell & Kern AK UW100MK - BT v 5.2 BT Qualcomm 5141 chipset - from a year ago

A&K's own new products do not support each other

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #354 of 739
I think the same is true of all the AK DAPS.
I remember not being able to log in to hotel WiFi with an SP1000 a few years ago.
True. Multiple people have complained about this on this thread and other A&K threads. I wish A&K would take this issue to heart and create fix for this since many public Wi-Fi login situations require a web browser. I really enjoy my SE300 but the clunky iphone hotspot work around makes it a poor choice for travel.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #355 of 739
True. Multiple people have complained about this on this thread and other A&K threads. I wish A&K would take this issue to heart and create fix for this since many public Wi-Fi login situations require a web browser. I really enjoy my SE300 but the clunky iphone hotspot work around makes it a poor choice for travel.
I agree. I could understand if this was a completely costly and difficult situation not already solved my nearly every other streaming DAP company. AK, why not just do it right?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back