Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #2,102 of 3,321
Hi guys, just wondering if you could help me out with something.

I have recently bought this and have copied my music over. However, for one of the albums (which is a compilation of the music in the video game Life is Strange) it is not recognising it as an album. Instead it is labeling it as an unknown album, which is kinda pissing me off. Also, there are repeats of every single song I'm putting on there, which is annoying as hell. Can the forum please suggest a solution to my problem? I really want to get this right...

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #2,103 of 3,321
  Hi guys, just wondering if you could help me out with something.

I have recently bought this and have copied my music over. However, for one of the albums (which is a compilation of the music in the video game Life is Strange) it is not recognising it as an album. Instead it is labeling it as an unknown album, which is kinda pissing me off. Also, there are repeats of every single song I'm putting on there, which is annoying as hell. Can the forum please suggest a solution to my problem? I really want to get this right...

I had lots of issues with music not being recognised in MP3 and FLAC format. I tried numerous tag editors but certain songs did not seem to be recognised regardless of what I did.

As counterintuitive as it sounds my way around this problem was converting these files to Apple lossless and AAC - after that everything was recognised no problem.

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #2,104 of 3,321

I had lots of issues with music not being recognised in MP3 and FLAC format. I tried numerous tag editors but certain songs did not seem to be recognised regardless of what I did.

As counterintuitive as it sounds my way around this problem was converting these files to Apple lossless and AAC - after that everything was recognised no problem.

Thanks for the swift reply! However, I copied the Life is Strange music across in WAV format, the others in MP3. They were recognised fine (the MP3 ones) but the WAV ones had no effect...

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2,109 of 3,321
  my dear fellows! i have found a solution for the non-working USB DAC in windows!!!!!

all you need to do is enter BIOS when you turn on or reboot your machine (search what the keyboard shortcut is for your machine, look at motherboard provider website if it's a desktop or laptop provider otherwise) and disable the option for USB 3 (xHCI), boot normally and viola your AK Jr now works as a USB DAC!!

I have also tried leaving that BIOS option on but disabling the USB3 driver in device manager in windows but that didn't work for me. Also, after disabling that BIOS option, it works whether the USB3 driver is enabled or disabled.

Enjoy! (i'd suggest leaving the volume on your AK Jr midway (not max) as it was very noisy for me at max (75))

Let me know if it works for you! (note this is of course ideal only if you use USB3 once in a while)

tag for google searches: how to fix Astell & Kern AK Jr USB DAC not working no sound

Cheers Zeckwsr, but does that mean that when I turn the 3.0 driver off then on, will I still get a fast transfer speed or will it remain at the 2.0 level?

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #2,113 of 3,321
  Judging from the firmware update from AK 100&120, it is possible that another firmware update will arrive around this august.

Fist and foremost, this is, in no way a rant but a subtle message to Astell&Kern.

I love my AK Jr and I really like the SQ that its giving but I really hope they will address all the issues with a new FW stated in this forum and others ASAP. Please don't wait like a year to do that.  

Come on iRiver (Astell&Kern), you can do a lot better than this. You're a brand with high end products and what you do affects it. It affects on your core values and your current/future vision, Please support us as we have supported you by buying your products. Do give us the confidence.

If you're working on a solution or update, let us know or at least put it up on your website, don't go on a radio-silence. It is not professional. At least reply to our emails and quiries.

What is the point of making good looking & expensive products but your support is "Unattractive & Cheap"?

Just my 2cents worth. :)

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #2,114 of 3,321
Who uses mainly IEMs with the AKjr?
What iem do you use?

I'm looking to get the Jr as a better DAP then my Fiio X1.

I'm looking at going with JH audio, Noble or Shure as a step up from my klipsch x11i

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #2,115 of 3,321
What kind of sound you are looking for?  I used my Layla and K10 with the Jr in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back