Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #2,748 of 3,321
Hey guys. Would this work with the Sony PHA-3 amp/DAC through USB?

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #2,749 of 3,321
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] how long it takes the battery to charge? me after four hours does not display a full battery icon but I see that the battery lasts long.[/color]

if I try to reinstall FW 1.03?

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #2,752 of 3,321
If your Jr. was powered down before recharging, try lightly pressing the power button once with the usb cable still connected. When it is full the orange on-screen batt meter should turn solid and say fully charged. Also, in this mode, there is no harm in disconnecting the usb before fully charging.

If the Jr. was on then you won't get a full batt message other the gray graphic at the top right showing it to be full. Just be sure to eject the device or select usb charging on the Jr's screen before removing the cable if you were also transferring data from a computer.

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #2,753 of 3,321
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] After about four hours that I remove USB and turn on the device the gray icon of the battery and fully charge the battery complentamente but the orange battery icon stops moving and written battery charge something very strange is not displayed.[/color]

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #2,754 of 3,321
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] AFTER about 4 hours that I take off my usb gray battery icon and 'full but the orange battery icon does not display battery charge a very strange thing [/color]
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] now that I've tried to load orange icon displays battery charged battery will not know what to say![/color]
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)]  [/color]

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #2,755 of 3,321
Recommend trying a different usb cable (I had to use the one that came with the Jr.) and/or do a factory reset through the menus. Also, make sure your usb port or charger puts out enough power (1A or more).

If all that fails, may be an issue with you AK Jr.

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #2,756 of 3,321
when the battery 'I insert USB cable and download the orange icon does not display full charge if I turn on the device and I select one of three options Battery charging, I noticed that after a complete charge message is displayed full charge.

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #2,757 of 3,321
Hi guys, I'd like to buy a new DAP and I'm not sure if choose this AK JR or a iBasso DX80. I don't have particular needs, the important aspect is the good sound, please could you suggest me which is the best solution?

Thanks in advance,
Enjoy :wink:

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #2,758 of 3,321
  Hi guys, I'd like to buy a new DAP and I'm not sure if choose this AK JR or a iBasso DX80. I don't have particular needs, the important aspect is the good sound, please could you suggest me which is the best solution?

Thanks in advance,
Enjoy :wink:

I was at the same stage,picking between the same DAP's you mentioned, i went with the A&K jr. as i found a used one for $235, and so far all is good, B&H Photo has them for &299 and used $245, i have an iBasso DX50, and it's great sounding as well, the Jr. afforded me more on board memory as well as support for 200gb micro sd, and i like the size of the jr. and the sq is darn good to my ears.
Every one has different tastes in sq, next for me will be some quality over the ear headphones to pair with the jr.

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #2,760 of 3,321
  One hundred and eighty four pages and no impressions with the HD650's? I'm on the list for the 6XX's, but don't know if they pair well. Anyone able to comment on this pairing?

What you need to do is ask your question phrased differently:

"I don't think AKJR has enough power to run HD650 personally"

What this does is leave bait here and (more than likely) another member will want to prove you wrong quickly.

Phrasing questions this way gets answers fast.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back