Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Sep 5, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #31 of 1,190
looks interesting, but why all these brands collaborate with A&K?

I think it's a great idea since they don't have expertise in iems/headphones. They just tune to their liking and brand it. Faster to market. And they are a hot brand. Other brands like to associate too.

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #33 of 1,190

Did I miss something here?

I agree with your question. I would not put the IE800 in the pool of "small soundstage" IEMs.

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #37 of 1,190
I think that those who have more experience with numerous iems would agree that the soundstage isn't much to be proud of...

I have plenty of experience with IEMs, thank you.  So, I respectively disagree.  Now, I grant you that everyone has their preferences and biases but the IE800 soundstage is pretty good.  Better than others I have owned and auditioned in that same price point. 

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #39 of 1,190
Heard them recently...about 5 minuetes.
not bad...that's the first came to my mind. They looked nice(the picture is not mine. My cellphone picture is terrible)
[snip]

The housing looks a bit cheap imo.  You can see the line where the two parts of the casing come together.

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #42 of 1,190
The casing is metallic alloy, however it is magnetic which is a little concerning.

That's really weird.

I took my Hugo to an audio show in Korea yesterday and had a listen to this. I listened to Noble Audio's K10 and Savant right before listening to this so these didn't wow me but they were by all means pretty good for a Beyerdynamic. I liked the Nobles better and Beyers are not my thing (in terms of sound) but these sounded pretty neutral for a Beyerdynamic. They really do follow the Beyerdynamic house sound so some people will enjoy them although I won't be one of them. Something that concerned me was the tips and the fit. I really didn't get it. The iems themselves are very small and they bounce around my ears all the time (and my ears are small). The tips don't really hold in place easily when I try to put them in either. I just didn't get the ergonomics during the demo yesterday but I'll give them another listen at a store where it's quiet and I am free to spend as much time as I want with them.
hth.

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #44 of 1,190
hmmm...
looks  kind of "toyish" , oh well not the first time beyerdynamic make a flagship look cheap and overpriced.
Don't know about the sound thou...

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #45 of 1,190
Ah, before I forget, Savant beat the lights out of this imo according to my preferences.

I actually think that this is a FAR better deal than the AKT5P which is horrible. This is much more balanced in some ways compared to the AKT5P and less T1-like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back