Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD Recorder) at Tokyo Headphone Festival
Oct 26, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #766 of 1,018
  Your findings are indeed interesting! I went ahead and updated to 1.20 (mind you I have the 320 but the FW releases seem to be in line with both models, if not the 380 as well). The volume seemed to be a little on the light side but I am chalking it off to the "power of suggestion" (haha). I looked up Reset in the User Guide and came back with two options:
1. Pressing the power button for 12secs (usually only done in the even one cannot power off the unit)
2. Using the "Factory Reset" option in the System Restore sub-menu.
Your "Hard Reset" is based on which option?

The first option doesn't make sense to me (as the unit will power off after the first few secs of pressing the power key) and the second option is too extreme for my taste. So I just decided to power off the unit. wait ~30s and power it back on. Vol was the same (no louder, per se); I then paused it for over 10mins and the vol was unchanged (it did not lower)
beyersmile.png
So I am going to assume the FW update (and power cycle) was enough to clear the issue! Bass quantity seems imho to be fine so I feel ok with the Status Quo.

beerchug.gif

p.s. what is your Auto power-off timer set to? And Sleep Off?

Hi,

Great to hear that. I use the Factory Reset Mode. Auto Power-off timer i set to 2 hrs. Been monitoring these few days.So far all are running well....

Cheers

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #767 of 1,018
Hi All,

I accidentally push up the volume from the touch screen causing a loud music play from the player. I quicly reduce the volume. Will this cause damage to the drivers?

Hopefully it dun....

Thanks
Nobody

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #768 of 1,018
[COLOR=222222]Hi All,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]I accidentally push up the volume from the touch screen causing a loud music play from the player. I quicly reduce the volume. Will this cause damage to the drivers?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]Hopefully it dun....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]Thanks[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Nobody[/COLOR]

I wouldn't worry too much, especially if the headphone/IEM are behaving normally straight afterwards. It happens...

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #770 of 1,018
Does anybody feel the need to upgrade from the AK300? I´m surprised myself, but I don´t.....  
beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #772 of 1,018
Hi,

as a Mac user I must use Android File Transfer but the more I use it the more I hate it. Real pain in the ass. Is there any reliable alternative for it?

Thanks

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #773 of 1,018
  Hi,

as a Mac user I must use Android File Transfer but the more I use it the more I hate it. Real pain in the ass. Is there any reliable alternative for it?

Thanks

ATF needed only if you want to utilise the internal memory. I use a 200gb microsd dedicated to AK300 and do not touch the internal storage at all (might do if I run out of space later)
Also buy a usb card reader (SD card reader in macs are not reliable, £5 on amazon/ebay). The MicroSD card mounts to your Mac as a flashdisk/external hdd would. Just put/drag your music there (much faster transfer speeds than AFT) and then pop the card into AK300 when you finish your transfer. AK's operating system will read the card and the changes will be reflected in AK's music library in a minute or so.

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #775 of 1,018
Hi guys. Is it normal for the battery to drop 1% for every 1-2 songs? Seems a little too fast for me.

​You should get between 8 - 10 hours battery life unless you are playing DSD exclusively, then you will get less battery life per charge. Also i noticed an increase (although slight) when i switched from optical output to USB output to a DAC/Amp

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #776 of 1,018
​You should get between 8 - 10 hours battery life unless you are playing DSD exclusively, then you will get less battery life per charge. Also i noticed an increase (although slight) when i switched from optical output to USB output to a DAC/Amp
Guess I should do a test to see how many hours of battery life I get. I'm listening to .flac 16/44.1 only.

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #777 of 1,018
Hi guys. Is it normal for the battery to drop 1% for every 1-2 songs? Seems a little too fast for me.

Seems about right. These AK players don't have battery life as their strength, unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #778 of 1,018
Does it always say "SD Card Safely Removed" on the drop down bar when there is an SD card inside?

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #779 of 1,018

ATF needed only if you want to utilise the internal memory. I use a 200gb microsd dedicated to AK300 and do not touch the internal storage at all (might do if I run out of space later)
Also buy a usb card reader (SD card reader in macs are not reliable, £5 on amazon/ebay). The MicroSD card mounts to your Mac as a flashdisk/external hdd would. Just put/drag your music there (much faster transfer speeds than AFT) and then pop the card into AK300 when you finish your transfer. AK's operating system will read the card and the changes will be reflected in AK's music library in a minute or so.

Thank you sir, I don't believe how could I be so stupid and didn't realised I can use a card reader :)

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #780 of 1,018
  Does it always say "SD Card Safely Removed" on the drop down bar when there is an SD card inside?

Yes it does. Don't pay attention...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back