Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD Recorder) at Tokyo Headphone Festival
Jan 13, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #976 of 1,018
Yes, at least on a Mac - plug in the AK300, Android File Transfer sees both the internal and Micro SD as separate devices. Choose and transfer.
I would assume that it would be similar on Windows.

Thanks! I have a Mac so that’s perfect.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #978 of 1,018
I’m sure this has been answered elsewhere in the thread, but I’m unable to find the answer.

I got a mojo last week, to use with my AK300 and LCD-X’s, and I absolutely love how it improves that pairing.

My problem is that it misses the first couple of seconds of each track, every single time. It’s bad enough that I’m considering returning the mojo if there isn’t a solution

I connect to mojo via optical cable

When I connect the mojo to my MacBook Pro there is no problem. Has anyone else experienced this strange issue ?

Thanks

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #981 of 1,018
I've got a few versions of Mozart's Requiem on my AK300 and they tend to lump together. Anyone know, on a Mac, how to change something in the file name so they won't lump together. I can always go to the folders section rather than the albums section but I wondered if there was an easy way to change the name on my computer before the transfer so they stay separate in the albums section.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #982 of 1,018
A question for the experts here:

I'm trying to connect an AK300, via Bluetooth, as an output device - I would like to listen, via earphones, to an audio source connected to the AK300 via Bluetooth.
According to the manual, this should be possible.

I can pair the AK300 with a variety of Bluetooth devices that send sound, and the AK300 display tells me that a device is connected.
So I would expect to hear something. But, even if I turn up the volume of the sending device and the AK300, I only hear - silence.
This may be good news for my ears, but it's not what I want right now.

Am I missing something? Does listening via Bluetooth work for you?

Thanks!

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #983 of 1,018
A question for the experts here:

I'm trying to connect an AK300, via Bluetooth, as an output device - I would like to listen, via earphones, to an audio source connected to the AK300 via Bluetooth.
According to the manual, this should be possible.

I can pair the AK300 with a variety of Bluetooth devices that send sound, and the AK300 display tells me that a device is connected.
So I would expect to hear something. But, even if I turn up the volume of the sending device and the AK300, I only hear - silence.
This may be good news for my ears, but it's not what I want right now.

Am I missing something? Does listening via Bluetooth work for you?

Thanks!

Where in the manual does it show this functionality?

I know the AK300 can function as a DLNA player via AK Connect (WiFi playback), but I did not think it could act as a Bluetooth destination for media playback.

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #985 of 1,018
On page 37, "Using Bluetooth", with the headline "Connect a Bluetooth device to listen to music wirelessly."

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 3.49.15 PM.png

It needs "A2DP Sink" to act as an audio receiver/destination and it doesn't look like it's enabled.

Apr 12, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #989 of 1,018
hi, i'm using ak120ii right now

from what i'm seeing on the market, although the ak300 is newer than ak120ii, it's price is much lower, though that might be caused by dual dac of ak120ii, but what about the sound ?
is it worth to change my ak120ii to ak300 ?

May 21, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #990 of 1,018
Tested Astell & Kern AK300

Headphone AMPs (or as a headphone amplifiers)
Simple test reports for "dummies":
Unbalance
Balance
Professional tests report:
Unbalance
Balance
Linear output (or as a linear output)
Professional test report

On-line comparison services with Astell & Kern AK300

Comparison of change the frequency response of joint work of Astell & Kern AK300 with different headphones

Comparison of amplifier voltage and headphone sensitivity for optimal sound playing

Comparison of voltage graphs

Comparison of characteristics:
Unbalance
Balance

Volume comparison:
Unbalance
Balance

Astell & Kern AK300 included in list for headphones match to headphones for certain listening conditions:
Unbalance
Balance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back