Astell&Kern AK380
May 12, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #168 of 9,041
LoL.... I feel this is getting into a cycle.

1. AK announces a product
2. People ranting, rambling, yelling: too pricy! too soon! it's all marketing! I just bought your last model! you thief!
3. AK releases the product, people rush to buy it (maybe some with swollen anger).
4. People say, it sounds so great! It's the best!!!
5. People then say, hold on, I need to modify it, I need to pair it with Hugo!
6. Go back to point 1.

May 12, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #172 of 9,041
well i don't really know what I should feel now.
honestly I won't expect much improvement in sound quality, but a larger internal storage and longer battery life seem so tempting.
BUT imo the look is terrible.

May 12, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #176 of 9,041
hahaha, meteoric titanium…...

HAHAHAHA…..oh lord, outerspace seems to be a fancy thing these days!

May 12, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #177 of 9,041
  Sure I agree with you, it all comes to personal preference and that's why there's an 'imo' :) 
I'm pretty sure many people will like the look but to me it's just too complicated. i still like the look of 240 and 120II better.

Well, remember all those things people said about the 240's shape before we all get used to it?  I am sure it will be the same for the 380.  Also to all of you complain about AK prices and release schedule of their models should look no further than a brand like Ferrari.

May 12, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #179 of 9,041

Well, remember all those things people said about the 240's shape before we all get used to it?  I am sure it will be the same for the 380.  Also to all of you complain about AK prices and release schedule of their models should look no further than a brand like Ferrari.

I'm an AK240 owner too... but iRiver isn't exactly Ferrari even in Head-fi terms...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back