Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed
Feb 5, 2015 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

COSMICALIEN

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone first time for me on this forum. I'm looking to buy a Astell Kern AK 120. Can this be connected to a tube amplifier that has no digital out rca but just has cd out Rca's and a couple of AUX. Also can I record my cd collection on this player in high resolution and not compressed like my cd's are on my I pod. Sorry for being dim. Thanks very much Cosmicalien

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for your reply man. I'm a absolute caveman when it comes to computer stuff. That is what I actually want, to transfer cd rips onto the astell kern ak120 at cd quality or better. All my music is on cd's Katherine Jenkins, Sarah Brightman and various other classical voices. I have them on I pod touch at the moment and it is awful compressed. I could not find anything that katherine jenkins or Sarah Brightman on any download high resolution site's so I thought I would transfer cd rips onto the astell kern uncompressed. And that's the bit I don't know how to do. I'm a carpenter I'm better with wood lol.

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 7
No problem :) also do you want the AK 120 ? Because there are other Musicplayer which are cheaper but not really worser in quality for example from Fiio the X5 and the iBasso 90/100

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 7
There is something in the way it looks it seems to be a beautifully presented item. The way it sounds is going to be a matter of opinion I guess we all have different tastes in music and how it should sound. I do thank you for your reply Mrkommander and KG JAG .It arrives tomorrow I hope my girls can figure it out. Thanks Cosmicalien

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #7 of 7
Hello the Astell Kern AK 120 Titan has arrived. Cd's have been ripped and transfered over to the player in FLAC. I'm finding I'm having to use all the volume available. The headphones I'm using are AKG K391 NC. I'm thinking maybe they're not a good match. What portable amp should I buy to run say Sennheiser HD800 or SHURE SRH 1540 or if you guys could recommend a good combination please. Thank you Cosmicalien

Users who are viewing this thread

Back