Astell&Kern A&Ultima SP2000T Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #752 of 756
Interesting. I get the "scanning media" message, pretty much every time I fire up the unit, and I'm using only the internal memory with no SD card mounted. Why is this "the dreaded..."?
I edited my previous post clarifying that it’s getting stuck on “scanning media” and it doesn’t seem to be able to see contents of the memory card, only displaying albums stored in the internal memory.

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #753 of 756
Delete all music on the card. See if it shows up then (I think it will even if it is empty as long as you reformat it correctly).

My guess is that you have tagging issues/file issues and the scanning is because it can't read what you put on the card. Especially if you have files in there it doesn't like. NO extra files besides the FLAC or whatever you have. Take out any photos as well. Just music files.

Also, make very sure, with a tagging editor, that your Artist and Album Artist are BOTH filled in. For whatever reason, leaving Album Artist empty confuses this device (it doesn't on my AK 1K) and it won't place it where you can see it but will add it to something along the lines of Unknown album.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #754 of 756
Delete all music on the card. See if it shows up then (I think it will even if it is empty as long as you reformat it correctly).

My guess is that you have tagging issues/file issues and the scanning is because it can't read what you put on the card. Especially if you have files in there it doesn't like. NO extra files besides the FLAC or whatever you have. Take out any photos as well. Just music files.

Also, make very sure, with a tagging editor, that your Artist and Album Artist are BOTH filled in. For whatever reason, leaving Album Artist empty confuses this device (it doesn't on my AK 1K) and it won't place it where you can see it but will add it to something along the lines of Unknown album.
Thanks so much! I'll try all that and report back!

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #755 of 756
Thanks again @olddude for all these tips! Tagging my music (using SongKong) definitely helped. Turns out I also needed to be more patient and let “scanning media” process to run for 30min or so. Eventually everything made it onto the DAP. Do other SP2000T users have similar experience with adding music to microSD cards and it taking a while to read?

Anyway, all this pales in comparison to how wonderfully this unit sounds!

Attachments

• IMG_5123.jpg
    IMG_5123.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 29, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #756 of 756
Glad it worked for you.

I can't recall a 30 minute scan, but if you have thousands of MP3s it might. I run FLAC and my card is about 2/3s full.

Keep in mind that a first scan always takes a bit longer, but after that it should be over quickly each time it runs. Since the device is trying to figure out where to put things, tagging correctly is essential. If you find that it consistently takes a long time to scan, I'd suggest taking a hard look at how you've tagged things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back