Astell & Kern A&futura A&K SE300
Apr 14, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #16 of 17
I've been suffering from a really annoying bug with my SE300 and SR25 and thought I'd share my discovery.
It's when using the downloaded version of Tidal, I got stuttering and then Tidal crashing. I just couldn't work it out, now I have.
I really like the Tidal Custom Mixes, My Mix 1-8. So I download them for when I don't have WiFi available.
As the mixes update, adding different tracks there's a brief moment when you download tracks. If you start playing the mix during the download you get stuttering etc.
So just wait for the download to finish first! Simple.

Apr 29, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #17 of 17
Just joined the SE300 as I got a real good deal in Japan for a used mint one. It was nice as I got to try a few other daps of similar price before deciding.

I think sound wise not a question decent and good, so is the looks and amount of storage. I do feel it’s really laggy though for a modern dap, compared to anything else out there built in 2023, the experience of the general performance is quite low. I got it purely for listen music so I can close one eye to it.

I really like how swapping modes give subtle differences. As good as having 2-3 subtly different signature. As a R2R, I like it over the closest priced RS6 on display too. Can’t find the N7 and there’s no second hand on sale yet. It also sounds similar to the RS8 and to me more enjoyable then other daps that use akm or ess on display with larger and general smoother sound with really punchy base. I’m sure it’s some coloration as with most R2R dacs but I think devices like this make this hobby fun.

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpeg
    IMG_3251.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back