ASG-2, CK100Pro, UE900 and FA-4E XB [reviews] - The dysfunctional family
Nov 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #46 of 127
The UE900 are good at that price point. I've come to more and more appreciate them without the adapter, just blocked pinholes. But maybe because I've realised that when you're on the go, some more bass won't kill you. That and the stronger bass on FA-4E Xb...

Nov 16, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #48 of 127
Good stuff. I like it when people have fun in their writing. Not that I'm biased or anything here. :wink:

Impressed that you went back and updated and rewrote sections too instead of just adding stuff on. I wouldn't have the patience.

Nov 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #49 of 127
Thank you Simon, great comparison, one of the best I ever read ! Completely agreeing with you on UE900 and FA4 :) but don't know CK100 and ASG2 (very curious about them ! )

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #51 of 127
Thank you, you're far too kind. I try to write personal, there are already countless more proficient reviews which are structured in a better way. Anyway for now I don't have any money to buy new stuff and I don't want to part with any of the iems I own at the moment. Though, I do have a pair of brand new UE900 and UE6000 after the Logitech sale which I intend to sell. But as soon as I get something new, I'm going to make a review. But that might take a while.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #52 of 127
UE600 are great IEMs too IMO :) like them because you can find them at 35€ on eBay !

Your review is very well structured as you see it like a family, and that's what I find very coherent ;-/

Nov 17, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #54 of 127
Oh sorry, not the same... I'm not headphone user, just in-ear.
You who are in Sweden, what about Cosmic Ears ? Never tried ?

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #56 of 127

I thought about trying Phils Customs but I would want my first CIEM to preferably be silicon based or perhaps the "Roxanne".
He have great prices and is a nice guy to deal with.

However:
"Due to an overwhelming demand for our products lately, which took us by surprise (a great thank you to all old and new customers), we have decided to put a limit new orders at the moment. We have made this decision in order to make sure that our customer service is still up to high standard, the way you have known it to be in the past and the way we aim to always have it.

Thanks Phil"

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #57 of 127
Great work Simon and it's about time you change that avatar to something more personal!

I would love to see a new member of the family: Sennheiser IE800; The provocative and flirtatious cousin!
She has a deep and snappy bottom end followed but by the most gorgeous mids that ends in a rather delicate but refined top end.
The presentation is fun but can be a bit too fun for it's own good.

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #58 of 127
  Great work Simon and it's about time you change that avatar to something more personal!

I would love to see a new member of the family: Sennheiser IE800; The provocative and flirtatious cousin!
She has a deep and snappy bottom end followed but by the most gorgeous mids that ends in a rather delicate but refined top end.

Mouahahn terrific cousin ^_^
  I thought about trying Phils Customs but I would want my first CIEM to preferably be silicon based or perhaps the "Roxanne".
He have great prices and is a nice guy to deal with.

However:
"Due to an overwhelming demand for our products lately, which took us by surprise (a great thank you to all old and new customers), we have decided to put a limit new orders at the moment. We have made this decision in order to make sure that our customer service is still up to high standard, the way you have known it to be in the past and the way we aim to always have it.

Thanks Phil"

Silicone CIEM, it's an interessant choice, my current CIEM is in acrylic and I suffer but it's not due to a bad fit, I just can't wear acrylic CIEM anymore. That's why I purchase again an UIEM and why I'm looking for silicone CIEM from Custom Art.

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #59 of 127

Yeah, maybe I should. I have a camera with a macro lens, could do something funny. Hmm, I'm NEVER going to buy the IE800. Cable down, shallow insertion, non-replacable cables, proprietary tips.. No way. 3 of my requirements are: Over the ear cable, replacable cables (or cheap iem) and moderate insertion depth at least.

My friend was thinking about getting something from them but since they had such long waiting times he passed, I just kind of forgot about them after that. And I have no real plan on going CIEM, I like the resell value and that I can share the sound with people who are interested.
  Great review. Was interested in your fa 4e thoughts. And I agree that they pair really well with the glacier. Love the combination.

Thanks! Yeah, The glacier compensates for their flaws in a good way. Much more engaging, forward and clear.

Nov 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #60 of 127

Silicone CIEM, it's an interessant choice, my current CIEM is in acrylic and I suffer but it's not due to a bad fit, I just can't wear acrylic CIEM anymore. That's why I purchase again an UIEM and why I'm looking for silicone CIEM from Custom Art.

You could also try custom silicone tips for the universals, they really make them much better. my custom tips are compatible with iems which have more or less the same diameter in the nozzle. the upgrade in sound is obvious compared with stock tips, imo they make sound your iems as they are designed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back