As a prospective Nexus One owner, this image depresses me.
Dec 17, 2009 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bcpk

1000+ Head-Fier
gsmarenaa0.png

I am very interested in the Google Nexus One / HTC Passion phone. I was hopeful that I could use it as my DAP instead of my aging iPod Video. The above image is discouraging, to say the least. HTC better have put some serious work into the audio department since the Hero.

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gsmarenaa0.png

I am very interested in the Google Nexus One / HTC Passion phone. I was hopeful that I could use it as my DAP instead of my aging iPod Video. The above image is discouraging, to say the least. HTC better have put some serious work into the audio department since the Hero.

No offence. another one appreciate music with eyes than not ears.

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #6 of 7
loaded just means: headphones are plugged in. No HTC drives headphones very well. The peaks mean little at all, but the HTC will not be able to playback bass or treble very well with headphones plugged in, losing at least 5 dbl in bass and probably about the same in treble.

Graphs like that serve very well to show you what a player is capable of. Some people may like the sound of rolled off bass and treble as they like pop or music which is pretty much all mids, but personally, without nicely resolved high and low end, music is duff.

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 7
bcpk,
On that same site, you should also check the graph of the original Touch Diamond and the original Touch. Then you'll see that HTC is very clearly improving their hardware with each passing year.

People will accuse me of all sorts for saying this, but as a prospective smartphone shopper, I think the real issue is Android simply isn't focused on playing audio and video at the moment. So none of the interface/features are really up to iPhone standards yet(which I think is the gold standard for seamless, responsive interface, if nothing else). It's time people put their minds to make something like that happen on Android, be it phones or a dedicated PMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back