Arya Revopods
May 17, 2023 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AussieMick

500+ Head-Fier
What follows applies to both speaker listening AND listening via the Focal Stellia. If anything, the differences are MORE apparent via headphones.

Anyone here using the Revopods from Arya Audio in the UK? I read a review from Roy Gregory, whose likes and dislikes seem to have lined up with mine for two decades. He discussed them in the context of top flight WADAX gear and was positive enough for me to hunt some out.

https://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/arya_audio_revopod.htm

I got onto an Australian dealer and I’ve been listening to them in my system for a few weeks now. They’ve been under all of my electronics now and the effect has been uniform under each. I’ve had gains in clarity, ease and dynamics that were very welcome. However, the real WOW factor has been in the areas of stage depth and instrument texture and body. There’s much greater sense of front-to-back layering in all types of music, and there’s no wandering of instruments with level.

Instrument texture is much more vivid - finger and bow on string, drumstick on drum head, Esperanza Spalding’s electric bass more string and less unnecessary bloom, Sting’s voice more weathered. Across all genres it’s the same. And to go along with it is more body to everything. I think it’s what Darko calls “tonal mass”.

low level listening is more alive and “present”. Loud listening is more easeful and less draining. Detail is wonderful and inner separation consistently better.

I’ve recently been using Townshend Seismic Pods and Nordost Pulsar Points snd Sort Kones. The Revopods combine the open and airy ease of Townshend Pods with the precision imaging of the Nordost products. Nordost too etched and bright? Townshend to “soft”? Try the Revopods!

And finally, dynamics. There’s the slam from drum kits and the huge macro dynamics of brilliantly recorded orchestras. HUGE!

They’ve been under an Innuos Zen MK3, a Pass Labs INT-30A integrated amp and a Chord HMS/TT2 stack. Consistent results under each, and floating the entire system brings more and more of the same. I’ve ordered the threaded adapters so that I can try them under the Focal Kanta 2 speakers next. If it goes well I’ll be supporting my entire system, and eventually invest enough to float the power products as well.

For the QSA Yellow and above fuse users, my feeling is that the change is as fundamentally influential as putting a QSA Violet in the Zen MK3. Tbe QSA gave technically superior performance, and the Revopods give musically superior performance. Captivating.

10DF6564-3A05-4857-AC5F-74352FE6E7C5.thumb.jpeg.99d0844171318ddfddc02f596cfad995.jpeg

Here is a full size set under the M Scaler and a Mini set between it and the TT2. The thread that comes with the Mini is the same as the stock feet of the Zen MK3, so it’s a direct replacement.

They’re pricey, but cheaper than the three Sort Kones I had under the streamer, and they perform more to my tastes. A box of 4 Minis is cheaper than 4 Townshend Pods, and is better for my DAC.

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 8
Thanks for the write up. Have been researching these over the past couple of days.
I currently use Black Ravioli big pads under all my components. My rack is the Clearlight Audio Aspekt and I am considering replacing the RDC cone footers with the Revopods.
Is your gear on a rack and is this something you have done or consider?

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the write up. Have been researching these over the past couple of days.
I currently use Black Ravioli big pads under all my components. My rack is the Clearlight Audio Aspekt and I am considering replacing the RDC cone footers with the Revopods.
Is your gear on a rack and is this something you have done or consider?
I’ve had a few racks over the years. Simple aluminium and glass (lovely and bright), Quadraspire bamboo (quiet and well balanced) and various platforms. Now my gear sits on Revopods then a wooden sideboard. It’s the best sound I’ve ever had and a lot better looking I my eyes. I could never come to terms with the look of hifi racks. They just don’t fit my aesthetic. The Revopods are discreet enough that I don’t notice them much.

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 8
That's a good point actually, maybe an all singing all dancing rack isn't required with quality footers like the Arya. A lot of people argue that footers shouldn't make any difference with a headphone system, but my own experiences show me how important it is.
Need to further my research on these as they are a fair old outlay. Will contact Arya to see if they have a demo set.

Jan 2, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #5 of 8
That's a good point actually, maybe an all singing all dancing rack isn't required with quality footers like the Arya. A lot of people argue that footers shouldn't make any difference with a headphone system, but my own experiences show me how important it is.
Need to further my research on these as they are a fair old outlay. Will contact Arya to see if they have a demo set.
I can’t see why they’d make a difference to a speaker system but not a headphone system; is the idea that in a headphone system, there are no speakers to cause vibrations in the room that the gear needs to be isolated from?

While preventing vibrations entering a system is a worthy goal (especially for turntables), it’s also vital to sink vibration created within a component out so that it can’t keep being detrimental. Arya, Stillpoints and Nordost are three companies who have realised this and make products accordingly.

So, headphone systems also benefit from well designed and manufactured equipment isolation.

As for cost, the Revopods are indeed expensive. However, since I’ve owned them I’ve stopped thinking about them, which I think is a good sign. If your components are under 10kg the Mini is advised, making the be tire a great deal cheaper.

I settled on full size under speakers and power amp, and minis under streamer, HMS, TT2 and valve headphone amp. I’m very happy. Content, even.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 8
I got some in and I think they're very good. Will most likely be ordering more for other components.

I find they work even better if you have an isolation platform already in place. The ones I used before these are from gingko isolation. Both of them in tandem work excellently!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back