Are you impatient, ADD possibly?
Jul 5, 2007 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

wafflesomd

500+ Head-Fier
Yah, I sure as hell am.

I brought this up mostly, because I find myself doing a very strange thang.

As I sit at my pc, waiting for a site to load, of a program, I will left click and move my mouse around to make blocks on the screen. You know, making a box by expanding the selection box.

This has since changed. Now, I find myself right clicking to bring up an options menu, then quickly left clicking in a random area, as long as it isnt the options box, as I click in order to close the options menu.

Both of these actions I do very fast and non stop until the program, or website has loaded.

I am insane.

Jul 5, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 21
If I'd taken the time to read your post maybe I'd know what you were talking about.

Hey let's go ride bikes!

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 21
Are you impatient? hell yess, can we get to the next question . . .
ADD possibly? perhaps . . . whadda i know

actually I have gotten it down to a science, I pre-load pages as I read other sites and work several tasks in parallel . . . all tucked neatly in between where I would otherwise be waiting. I have even resorted to running multiple PC's each working on different or parallel tasks. I just can't stand to wait!
plainface.gif

being a little manic at times helps too . . . .
"one man's symptom is another man's drive to sucess"

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #6 of 21
i do exact same thing.. i also always have many tabs and windows open... often with same things

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #7 of 21
Sounds like a nervous habit more than ADD. Don't worry, if you had ADD, I'm sure you would have been diagnosed.

Jul 6, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a nervous habit more than ADD. Don't worry, if you had ADD, I'm sure you would have been diagnosed.

I have been.

Which is weird, mostly because I don't have any symptom's a person with ADD would have :/

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yah, I sure as hell am.

I brought this up mostly, because I find myself doing a very strange thang.

As I sit at my pc, waiting for a site to load, of a program, I will left click and move my mouse around to make blocks on the screen. You know, making a box by expanding the selection box.

This has since changed. Now, I find myself right clicking to bring up an options menu, then quickly left clicking in a random area, as long as it isnt the options box, as I click in order to close the options menu.

Both of these actions I do very fast and non stop until the program, or website has loaded.

I am insane.

Do you use tabs in your browser? I pretty much never have to sit there and have to stare at a loading web page because I'm always pulling up new tabs and browsing something else while I wait for a page to load (surfing other forums, doing Audiogon/eBay searches, etc.). Occasionally I have the TV running in the background, so I can just watch TV while waiting for a page to load.

You're not impatient. You're just inefficient
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been.

Which is weird, mostly because I don't have any symptom's a person with ADD would have :/

I think that was the point MD was trying to get across.
icon10.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #11 of 21
i do similar things and i'd also call them obssesive compulsive

check to make sure settings on my monitor are at default; keep resetting

keep checking that parking break on my car

i love to "cancel" out of menus as it feels like i'm not messing anything up

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you use tabs in your browser? I pretty much never have to sit there and have to stare at a loading web page because I'm always pulling up new tabs and browsing something else while I wait for a page to load (surfing other forums, doing Audiogon/eBay searches, etc.). Occasionally I have the TV running in the background, so I can just watch TV while waiting for a page to load.

You're not impatient. You're just inefficient
biggrin.gif

ditto

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Beryl on Linux: you'll have quality time spinning the desktop cube with your mouse's middle wheel.

I already do
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampersand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that was the point MD was trying to get across.
icon10.gif

I probably wasn't paying attention.

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #15 of 21
lol, sometimes if something is loading I will randomly get up, for no reason, and go downstairs and look for something that I dont know what I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back