Are you content?
Mar 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

JxK

1000+ Head-Fier
Do you feel the need to upgrade even after making a new purchase? Are you always looking for the new FOTM? Are you happy with your current equipment?

Me, I'm happy with everything I have now, except for my IEMs - those I'm looking to upgrade. Otherwise, I am content. Now, that's not to say I wouldn't like or appreciate an upgrade to my other equipment, but I'm not actively searching for one. Even if I don't mind reading new reviews and opinions on what's out there.

What about the rest of you?

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 52
I will be, once I replace my crappy, falling apart sony clip-ons with a new pair of KSC 35s.
ksc75smile.gif

i pretty much have to be content, it's the only thing you can do when you don't have money.

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #6 of 52
Right now, I am more interesting in listening to different things now as oppose to upgrade to a better sound.

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #8 of 52
I've enjoyed reinventing my system for yrs. (50+) and like "ITS" sound of recorded music, but I do still Lust after new Phono Cartridges, like the new Koetsu "Bloodstone Platinum" and others. But I'm also always lookin' for great New or old recording (LPs) that I don't have!!!

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #9 of 52
I just got new stuff that I am very happy with. Future upgrades will therefore be other pair of headphones (Denon, HE-5, MS-PRO?). But it'll have to wait till the holidays are over. Going on vacation and going out at night is more important.
Anyway I think I'll have some money left for a nice upgrade after the holidays.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #10 of 52
Head-Fi is my last sink. I spend my money on food, my computer, and nice clothes in that order of priority. I'm never compelled to upgrade but when I have the money festering in my wallet I'm somehow magically pushed to come back and dump it here. I guess that's where the slogan comes in..

I'm content right now but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a JH13 recable and ultra high-end amplifier in a year or so.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #12 of 52
EXTREMELY content...however i do feel the itch to have one or even two more of the Fostex T50Rp woodied thunderpants..just cause they are bloody brilliant.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #13 of 52
I have had more money tied up in my stereo/stereos in the past, but I currently have a cheaper, more musical system with which I am very content. I sold my Stax rig some weeks ago, and am still content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back