Are these cheap Koss any good?
Aug 27, 2007 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GreatDane

Headphoneus Supremus
THESE

They're half price and I'm wondering if they use the same drivers as KSC75. I need to buy some cheap headphones for my 9 year-old son. He's been using some junk that came free with a keyboard...they sound terrible! Last night I listened to them for the first time...he's been using them since Christmas...this is child abuse
blink.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 8
big-fi,

My son doesn't like the clip-ons. I've tried to get him to use mine but no go.

I'm wondering if Radio Shack will honor the on-line sale price. I might just buy them if so and try them out...I can always return them.

I've never heard the KSC55 but they've got to be better than what he's using now.

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 8
Those are the Pro 35T. They're not bad, but lack slightly compared to the KSC 75. If you can find the Pro 35A (the same thing with slightly different pads and a gray silicone band instead of blue), they cost the same and sound a little better. I think it has something to do with the difference in foam pad (or maybe my ears are just weird). Occasionally, Radio Shack will advertise the ones you are showing (the 35T) and actually sell the 35A.

Aug 28, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they indeed have flat back titanium drivers like the KSC55, the sound should be better than the KSC75. No harshness in treble, much stronger bass....

You might be right about the drivers. I bought them today for the $20 sale price. The model # is Pro 35A. They do sound similar to KSC75 but not as bright (or airy) and have more bass.

I listened to them for 30 minutes from my MuVo and they passed the test...I just gave them to my son and they're a hit.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back