are there bright sound profile portable amp/s that are not overly expensive?
Oct 6, 2014 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wigglepuff

100+ Head-Fier
fiios are mostly warm and the k models going near neutral but still warmish. are there any bright sounding ones opposite to fiios sound profile but not the kind that will pierce your ears?

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 8
Another one IMO would be iBasso D Zero for about $100, while it's not overly bright it's a little cooler than neutral, especially in comparison to the FIiO general warm house sound.

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 8
Well, you really have to definite what is 'not overly expensive' first.

I'll recommend O2 - about $130 and perfectly neutral.

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 8
Hey,
I don't really know how do you determine if a amp is "bright", and never had personal experience with Fiio's, but recently I started to use an amp, that I like a lot. You can see my not very detailed review here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/737015/a970-isoundyou-line5-mobile-headphone-amplifier-review .
If you want any special checks I will be happy to assist. It costs under 30$ ....

Oct 7, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #5 of 8
  Well, you really have to definite what is 'not overly expensive' first.

I'll recommend O2 - about $130 and perfectly neutral.

not beyond $300 or something around 100-200ish would be better and nothing too fancy. Not looking for neutral, looking for an amp with fr curve bumped on the treble side but not too much where it hurts, and no bass bump, kinda like the opposite of how the fiio e07k is tuned.

Hey,
I don't really know how do you determine if a amp is "bright", and never had personal experience with Fiio's, but recently I started to use an amp, that I like a lot. You can see my not very detailed review here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/737015/a970-isoundyou-line5-mobile-headphone-amplifier-review .
If you want any special checks I will be happy to assist. It costs under 30$ ....

frequency response curve, the graph reading on how the amp is tuned.

Oct 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #6 of 8

not beyond $300 or something around 100-200ish would be better and nothing too fancy. Not looking for neutral, looking for an amp with fr curve bumped on the treble side but not too much where it hurts, and no bass bump, kinda like the opposite of how the fiio e07k is tuned.

Ok I will prepare it. But I am very much limited by the integrated sound card.

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #7 of 8

Almost no amp that I know of has a treble-bumped FR curve. If you think neutral means a flat FR curve but not bright, then you got the wrong idea, They are not mutually exclusive. Amp can measure flat yet still carries a warm sound (think FiiO) or a bright sound (think O2).

If you really are just looking for an equalized amp, try digiZoid FS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back