Are there any headphones that feel like subwoofers?
May 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

sloomingbla

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, my headphones (hfi 580's) have alot of punchy bass to them and i prob wont upgrade soon but i was just wondering, are there any headphones out there that sound like that?

I keep getting jealous when i get into a car with a decent sound system :/

May 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 35
o.o

I felt that my xb500's were basslight compared to subs.

May 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 35
Pretty much. and i am VERY satisfied with my headphones, i was just wondering if there are any headphones that can recreate that.

Basically, recreate the IMPACT, if only there were some headphones that could create bass impact, without so much bass :3

May 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 35
Denon D2000's has some VERY impressive bass.  And this is coming from someone who use to have a 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 power sub in 2.5L vented enclosure tuned to 35 hz with 1000 RMS amp inside an Eclipse hatchback.

May 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 35
Try Sony pulse elite

May 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #8 of 35
I've heard of the denons, and i was considering the pro 900's as an upgrade for a while.

can anyone else say anything about them vs some subs?

May 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #9 of 35
What kind of subwoofer in cars? Different subs deliver different bass and sound.

I like mine tight, fast with a good punch that you can literally feel. The feel part is difficult to replicate I believe in headphones. ( If you know one that does...without destroying my hearing...please let me know too)

Closest thing so far is wooduos 2. With the correct tips and good fit(important) on some songs you can really feel the bass. I like this IEM for its ability to deliver the different subbass, Quite impressive.

Ps to me bass...real subbass....cant be heard. just felt and measured.

PPS the wooduo volume must be put on HIGH.

May 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #11 of 35
lol ^

i'm talking about any sub. even some nice 5" subs would hit me harder than my headphones.

last resort? hook it up to both my headphones and subwoofer at the same time... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #12 of 35
When I was younger, I found a little store that sold "VIBRATING HEADPHONES" that would detect anything under, say, 120 hz, and would vibrate accordingly. It wouldn't just be a binary "ON" or "OFF", either. It would change it's intensity depending on the volume/amount of bass. How silly!

(A guilty little part of me wishes I still had them)

May 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #13 of 35
Basically what was already said.  

sub = 12 inches
headphones = 50mm

You need to move lots of air to have your body resonate along with the bass.  Headphones only move enough air to apply some pressure in the small chamber of your ear, only your ear will feel a slight pressure.  If you want your head to vibrate, you need headphones with actual vibrators in them, or a headphone with a frame so fragile that it vibrates itself (beats)

May 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #14 of 35
*sigh* meaning that the only way to feel the bass is to get crappy headphones.

No.

lol

May 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #15 of 35
You could get a major rattle, but the eq'ing needed to be done would not produce a nice sound at all. Did a experiment with a DT770 80 ohm and a E11 with 1 on the eq settings and a heavy setting Sony Walkman. My head was rattling a lot, constantly, but no way would you want to listen to such a bloat of bass on a headphone, horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back