Are The HTF-600s right for me?
Jan 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

BokTroy

Head-Fier
So a few months ago, I was set on ordering the Panasonic HTF-600s. I was listening to mostly bass-centric, electronic music and the 600s seemed like they could fulfill my needs. While I still listen to a fair amount of electronic music, I believe my preferred sound signature has changed along with my music interests. I'm now wondering if the bass of the 600s will be too much and there clarity I desire won't be there. Can anyone help me out in my decision? Are the HTF-600s the right choice or should i look for a more balanced sounding pair of full size cans? Thanks.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 14
CAL!, d1001, srh 840, m50

for the price range of the htf600, i think youre better go with CAL! (creative aurvana live) instead

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 14
thanks for the fast reply! How would you say the CAL! Differ in sound signature to the pansonics?

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 14
The panasonics have a bit more bass but the actual sound quality is a lot better on the CAL. The Panasonics are good for £30 but the sound quality is still not very good compared to the CAL or better headphones... The HTF600 sound grainy and not very refined or detailed at all.

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 14
Can the HTF-600's be compared to likes of phones such as the Ultrasone HFI-580 or AT M50? Many, especially dsnuts, raved about them and claimed they competed with headphones way above their tier. I'm curious to know how far above their price range they can compete.

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 14
For $30 they are a great deal, they are fun sounding phones, but not the most detailed or resolving.  I like the extra bass it gives rock music a bit more punch.  What is your budget?

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 14
Right now its ~$50 but I'd definitely be willing to wait a little longer to get a nicer set of cans. I think $120 would be the most I could spend any time soon. Especially since I'll be leaving for college soon. I just wanted something cheap and fast because I'm dying without a nice listening device.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:
Can the HTF-600's be compared to likes of phones such as the Ultrasone HFI-580 or AT M50? Many, especially dsnuts, raved about them and claimed they competed with headphones way above their tier. I'm curious to know how far above their price range they can compete.

Basically no they can't.... I am not sure how you could really think that....

The HTF 600 are good for < £40.... They have a nice soundstage and the overall sound signature is quite pleasant....

Other then that they are really not that good sounding, grainy, low detail, poor refinement etc.
Also the build quality and comfort / materials are very cheap...

Basically they are good for the money, one of the best at that price... But they definately are not better than headphones costing more, for example the CAL! have much better sound quality at £60 although they are not perfect either. For £100 you can get headphones that are a lot better quality than the HTF-600...

Good headphones for the money, nothing more.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #10 of 14
Here's where my question came from. 

MalVeauX: "Heya,

Ok, so I have a pair of RP-HTF600-S's on my head right now, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, this $30 headphone is constructed like a $150+ headphone, and sounds like one too. I'm actually completely puzzled and pleasantly surprised. It's a smooth warm headphone, definitely a "V" shape, but so are all those headphones it would compete with (M50, HFI580, etc). The bass actually comes close to the XB500 in terms of it's ability to just slam you. I just ran some Sierra Hull and then some Dub to test range. By the way, it has an impressive sound stage. These angled 50mm drivers with some vents along the top actually make it sound like a semi-open headphone while being closed (though honestly it is technically a semi-open headphone called a closed headphone, you can clearly hear through it and from it, like a semi-open--the vents make it semi-open in my book.

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 14
But if you read his later comments he says that is is actually quite grainy with poor refinement etc.

The sound quality is not as good as the more expensive headphones but they are very good for less than £40.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #14 of 14
I received my HTF600's today, and they have a very nice sound. I don't think they are bass heavy at all.

One thing I was expecting though, was more ear space(depth and room). I was told they have more ear space than the Superlux HD681, so I chose the HTF600. I plan to order the new HD681 EVO, due out the first week of March, and see how ear space compares to these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back