Are the Fostex Kotori 201 = Denon AH-D1001?
Nov 20, 2011 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LooptroopRocker

100+ Head-Fier
Could someone verify?

http://kotori.fostex.jp/201/

The Kotori 201 look like a great concept (customizable headphone colors and design) and if the underlying headphones are the same as the Denon AH-D1001 or the CAL! then I'm all the more excited. The Kotori 101 is def. the Denon AH-C351, hence the possibility..

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 5
I want this very design...

it's mine I made it :D

I had a hard time harmonizing the color so that it looks like a girl headphone on one side and a boy headphone on the other, while retaining a coherent whole.

I wish I had the money, because I could buy them. I have a virtual address to buy stuff in Japan and get it forwarded to me. (I am this awesome)

Jan 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 5
That is indeed quite awesome!!

I also played around with designs for a good hour, meticilously detailing them, knowing damn well I wouldnt be able to get these... (I dont have a virtual japanese address, need to get my cool on like you do).

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 5
Hehahehaheheohohihi hey

I feel bad about having a secret (the secret that I am not awesome) it's called Tenso Japanese Buying Service and it looks super easy and cheap... and I am still looking for something to try it on. Or looking for money for something to try it on.

It wasn't recommended to me by anyone but it looks very safe.. you subscribe and they explain everything to you (instructive stuff like: "use Google to translate the webpages you plan on buying on"), give you a virtual Japanese home with postal code and phone number. There are so many Japan exclusive cool things to buy I felt like I needed that... I have a CD I want I might try it if it doesn't appear anywhere else.

I hope you took a picture of your design to remember it! I must say I also spent at least one hour on this site, lol, I had mad fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back