are the ETY 4P's more comfortable than the ETY 6's?
Aug 28, 2002 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ultraviolet353

Head-Fier
I got a pair of the 6's a week and a half ago. I still haven't gotten used to them with respect to comfort. I looked at a picture of the ETY 4P's and they look a little different. I was wondering if they were more comfortable, less, or the same. Just as a side note: I have a pair of the Sony EX-70's and I find them very comfortable--just to give you a sense of where I'm coming from.

Aug 28, 2002 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 5
Many people report that the ER-4 series is more comfortable than the ER-6. Are you using the silicone or the foam eartips? The silicone can take some getting used to, so don't give up on these until you have worn them for a few weeks.

The ER-4 series is much narrower than the ER-6. Be aware that you only have to place the silicone ear flange just inside your ear, til the edge of it is just past the outside of your ear. Any deeper than that, and the wide body of the ER-6 can rub against the opening of the ear and cause discomfort.

Aug 28, 2002 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 5
ultraviolet353,

Never tried the ER-6's, but found the EX-70's quite comfortable. Just got tired of EQ'n the hell out of them to get a decent sound. But they served their purpose, confirming I would probably be comfortable with the ER-4's. Which I am. Very comfortable. After a week, week and a half, you'll be used to them and pretty much won't feel them.

Aug 28, 2002 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 5
I have had both the ER6's and ER4P's, and going strictly on comfort, I'd say the 4P's easily win out. Like was mentioned earlier, the 4's are thinner, making insertion easier, and less, well, intrusive. I used the 4P's mostly with the foamies as I found them more comfortable than the silicone tips. I've used the 6's mostly with the silicone tips, but just popped on the foamies and they seem to be at about the same comfort level (maybe a little more comfortable) on the 6's, but the 4P's win, strictly on comfort. The only other thing I'd have to say about the two (without getting into sound quality), would be that the microphonics with the ER6 cable are practically non-existant, while they were quite annoying for me on the ER4P's.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back